Subject: Tanzania | Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology(all) | Community dialogues | Research Article | MNC health | Medicine(all) | Arusha | Ngorongoro Conservation Authority | Neonatal Health | Baseline assessment | Maternal Mortality & Morbidity
Background With the approaching sunset on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Tanzania continues with its final national push towards achievement of MDG #4 and MDG #5. The Mama Kwanza Socio-economic Health Initiative (MKSHI) was introduced in the hope of contributi... View more
6. Black RE, Cousens S, Johnson HL, Lawn JE, Rudan I, Bassani DG, et al. Global, regional, and national causes of child mortality in 2008: a systematic analysis. Lancet. 2010;375(9730):1969-87. doi:10.1016/ s0140‑6736(1)60549‑1.
7. World Health Organization. Global strategy for infant and child feeding. http://www.who.int/nutrition/topics/global_strategy/en/. Accessed 27 Feb 2015.
8. World Health Organization. Improving equity in health by addressing social determinants. Geneva; 2011. ISBN 978 92 4 150303 7.
9. UNICEF. State of the world's children 2006. New York: United Nations Children's Fund; 2006.
10. Partnership for maternal, newborn and child health, opportunities for Africa's newborns. http://www.who.int/pmnch/media/publications/oanfullreport.pdf?ua=12006. Accessed 27 Feb 2015.