Subject: R | nursing staff | workplace violence | Medicine | psychiatry | incidence | risk factor | Article
This one-year follow-up study determined the incidence and risk factors of workplace violence against nursing staff in a psychiatric hospital. The cohort members had a website to report events whenever they came across violence. A total of 971 events were reported. The ... View more
1. Dahlberg, L.L.; Krug, E.G. Violence-a global public problem. In World Report on Violence and Health; Krug, E.G., Dahlberg, L.L., Mercy, J.A., Zwi, A.B., Lozano, R., Eds.; World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 2002; Chapter 1, p. 1.
2. Castillo, D.N.; Pizatella, T.J.; Stout, N. Injuries. In Occupational Health: Recognizing and Preventing Work-related Disease and Injury; Levy, B.S., Wegman, D.H., Eds.; Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia, PA, USA, 2000.
3. Steven, L.S.; Lawrence, R.M.; Joseph, J.H.; Lennart, L. Psychosocial and organizational factors. In Encyclopaedia of Occupational Health and Safety; International Labor Office: Geneva, Switzerland, 1998.
4. Violence: Occupational Hazards in Hospital; United States Depatrment of Health and Human Services, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH): Cincinnati, OH, USA, 2002.
5. OSHA. Guidelines for Preventing Workplace Violence for Health Care and Social Service Workers; United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, OSHA 3148: Washington, DC, USA, 1998.
6. Di Martino, V. Workplace Violence in the Health Sector-Country Case Studies Brazil, Bulgaria, Lebanon, Portugal, South Africa, Thailand, Plus an Additional Australian Study: Synthesis Report; ILO/ICN/WHO/PSI Joint Programme on Workplace Violence in Health Sector: Geneva, Switzerland, 2002.
7. Whittington, R.; Shuttleworth, S. Violence to staff in a general hospital setting. J. Adv. Nurs. 2008, 24, 326-333.
8. Kwok, R.P.; Law, Y.K.; Li, K.E.; Ng, Y.C.; Cheung, M.H.; Kwok, K.T.; Tong, J.M.; Yen, P.F.; Leung, W.C. Prevalence of workplace violence against nurses in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Med. J. 2006, 12, 6-9.
9. Chen, Z.H.; Wang, S.Y.; Jing, C.X. Prevalence of workplace violence in staff of two hospitals in Guangzhou. Chinese J. Prev. Med. 2003, 37, 358-360. (In Chinese).
10. Binder, R.L.; McNiel, D.E. Staff gender and risk of assault on doctors and nurses. Bull. Am. Acad. Psychiatry Law 1994, 22, 545-550.