Subject: Phenotype | Research Article | Clinical staging | Neuropsychology | Sub-syndromal | Illness trajectory | Youth | Psychiatry and Mental health
mesheuropmc: behavioral disciplines and activities | mental disorders
Background It is an open question as to whether differential developmental trajectories, potentially representing underlying pathophysiological processes, can form the basis of a more useful typology in young persons who present for mental health care. Methods A cohort ... View more
1. Goldberg DP, Andrews G, Hobbs MJ: Where should bipolar disorder appear in the meta-structure? Psychol Med 2009, 39(12):2071-2081.
2. Andrews G, Goldberg DP, Krueger RF, Carpenter WT, Hyman SE, Sachdev P, Pine DS: Exploring the feasibility of a meta-structure for DSM-V and ICD-11: could it improve utility and validity? Psychol Med 2009, 39(12):1993-2000.
3. Andrews G, Pine DS, Hobbs MJ, Anderson TM, Sunderland M: Neurodevelopmental disorders: cluster 2 of the proposed meta-structure for DSM-V and ICD-11. Psychol Med 2009, 39(12):2013-2023.
4. Hyman SE: The diagnosis of mental disorders: the problem of reification. Ann Rev Clin Psychol 2010, 6(1):155-179.
5. Hyman SE: Can neuroscience be integrated into the DSM-V? Nat Rev Neurosci 2007, 8(9):725-732.
6. Hyman SE: Diagnosing the DSM: diagnostic classification needs fundamental reform. Cerebrum : the Dana forum on brain science 2011, 2011:6.
7. Lichtenstein P, Yip BH, Bjork C, Pawitan Y, Cannon TD, Sullivan PF, Hultman CM: Common genetic determinants of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in Swedish families: a population-based study. Lancet 2009, 373(9659):234-239.
8. Ozomaro U, Wahlestedt C, Nemeroff CB: Personalized medicine in psychiatry: problems and promises. BMC Med 2013, 11:132.
9. Nesse RM, Stein DJ: Towards a genuinely medical model for psychiatric nosology. BMC Med 2012, 10:5.
10. van Loo HM, de Jonge P, Romeijn JW, Kessler RC, Schoevers RA: Data-driven subtypes of major depressive disorder: a systematic review. BMC Med 2012, 10:156.