Subject: RC955-962 | RC109-216 | Infectious Diseases | Infectious and parasitic diseases | Arctic medicine. Tropical medicine | Research | Parasitology
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>New products aimed at augmenting or replacing chemical insecticides must have operational profiles that include both high efficacy in reducing vector numbers and/or blocking parasite transmission and be long lasting following applica... View more
1. Zaim M, Guillet P: Alternative insecticides: an urgent need. Trends Parasitol 2002, 18:161-163.
2. Nauen R: Insecticide resistance in disease vectors of public health importance. Pest Manag Sci 2007, 63:628-633.
3. Ranson H, N'Guessan R, Lines J, Moiroux N, Nkuni Z, Corbel V: Pyrethroid resistance in African anopheline mosquitoes: what are the implications for malaria control? Trends Parasitol 2011, 27:91-98.
4. Chandra E, Hemingway J, Kleinschmidt I, Rehmna AM, Ramdeen V, Phiri FN, Coetzer S, Mthembu D, Shinondo CJ, Chizema-Kawesha E, Kamuliwo M, Mukonka V, Baboo KS, Coleman M: Insecticide resistance and the future of malaria control in Zambia. PLoS One 2011, 6:e24336.
5. Asidi S, N'Guessan R, Akogbeto M, Curtis C, Rowland M: Loss of household protection from use of insecticide-treated nets against pyrethroidresistant mosquitoes, Benin. Emerg Infect Dis 2012, 18:1101-1106.
6. Blanford S, Chan BHK, Jenkins N, Sim D, Turner RJ, Read AF, Thomas MB: Fungal pathogen reduces potential for malaria transmission. Science 2005, 308:1638-1641.
7. Blanford S, Wangpeng S, Christian R, Marden JH, Koekemoer LL, Brooke BD, Coetzee M, Read AF, Thomas MB: Lethal and pre-lethal effects of a fungal biopesticide contribute to substantial and rapid control of malaria vectors. PLoS One 2011, 6:e23591.
8. McMeniman CJ, Lane RV, Cass BN, Fong AWC, Sidhu M, Wang Y-F, O'Neill SL: Stable introduction of a life-shortening Wolbachia infection into the mosquito Aedes aegypti. Science 2009, 323:141-144.
9. Ren XX, Rasgon JL: Potential for the Anopheles gambiae densonucleosis virus to act as an “Evolution-Proof” biopesticide. J Virology 2010, 84:7726-7729.
10. Lorenz LM, Koella JC: The microsporidian parasite Vavraia culicis as a potential late life-acting control agent of malaria. Evolutionary Applications 2011, 4:783-790.