Subject: Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology(all) | R | Medicine(all) | Medicine | Biology (General) | Project Note | QH301-705.5
mesheuropmc: respiratory tract diseases
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma are considered underdiagnosed and misdiagnosed chronic diseases. In The Netherlands, a COPD-asthma telemedicine service has been developed to increase GPs' ability to diagnose a... View more
1. Bednarek M, Maciejewski J, Wozniak M, Kuca P, Zielinski J: Prevalence, severity and underdiagnosis of COPD in the primary care setting. Thorax 2008, 63(5):402-407.
2. Anderson HR: Prevalence of asthma. BMJ 2005, 330(7499):1037-8.
3. GOLD: The Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 2009 [http://www.goldcopd.com]. (accessed February 2010)
4. Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention 2009 [http://www.ginasthma.org]. (accessed February 2010)
5. Tinkelman DG, Price DB, Nordyke RJ, Halbert RJ: Misdiagnosis of COPD and asthma in primary care patients 40 years of age and over. J Asthma 2006, 43(1):75-80.
6. Tzanakis N, Anagnostopoulou U, Filaditaki V, Christaki P, Siafakas N, COPD group of the Hellenic Thoracic Society: COPD group of the Hellenic Thoracic Society. Prevalence of COPD in Greece. Chest 2004, 125(3):892-900.
7. Anthracopoulos MB, Liolios E, Panagiotakos DB, Triantou K, Priftis KN: Prevalence of asthma among schoolchildren in Patras, Greece: four questionnaire surveys during 1978-2003. Arch Dis Child 2007, 92(3):209-12.
8. Lionis C, Symvoulakis EK, Markaki A, Vardavas C, Papadakaki M, Daniilidou N, Souliotis K, Kyriopoulos I: Integrated primary health care in Greece, a missing issue in the current health policy agenda: a systematic review. Int J Integr Care 2009, 9:e88.
9. Kaminsky DA, Marcy TW, Bachand M, Irvin CG: Knowledge and use of office spirometry for the detection of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by primary care physicians. Respir Care 2005, 50(12):1639-48.
10. Tuomisto L, Jarvinen V, Laitinen J, Erhola M, Kaila M, Brander P: Asthma Programme in Finland: the quality of primary care spirometry is good. Prim Care Respir J 2008, 17(4):226-31.