Subject: Research Article | Labor and Delivery | Asia | Pregnancy | Birth | Geographical Locations | Pakistan | Maternal Health | Medicine | Antenatal Care | Population Groupings | Ethnicities | Q | Health Care Facilities | R | People and Places | Women's Health | Obstetrics and Gynecology | Pediatrics | Science | Medicine and Health Sciences | Health Care
Introduction Respectful and dignified healthcare is a fundamental right for every woman. However, many women seeking childbirth services, especially those in low-income countries such as Pakistan, are mistreated by their birth attendants. The aim of this epidemiological... View more
World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund, United Nations Population Fund, World Bank, United Nations Population Division. Trends in maternal mortality: 1990 to 2013. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2014.
2. Alkema L, Chou D, Hogan D, Zhang S, Moller AB, Gemmill A, et al. Global, regional, and national levels and trends in maternal mortality between 1990 and 2015, with scenario-based projections to 2030: a systematic analysis by the UN Maternal Mortality Estimation Inter-Agency Group. Lancet 2015 Nov 13; 387(10017):462±74. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00838-7 PMID: 26584737
3. Aminu M, van den Broek N. The role of quality improvement in maternal and newborn health beyond 2015. 2015. THE LANCET Global Health Blog. 1-11-2015.
World Health Organization. The prevention and elimination of disrespect and abuse during facilitybased childbirth. 2014. Geneva, Switzerland, World Health Organization.
5. Bohren M, Hunter E, Munthe-Kaas H, Souza J, Vogel J, Gulmezoglu A. Facilitators and barriers to facility-based delivery in low- and middle-income countries: a qualitative evidence synthesis. Reprod Health 2014; 11(1):71. https://doi.org/10.1186/1742-4755-11-71 PMID: 25238684
6. Bowser D, Hill K. Exploring Evidence for Disrespect and Abuse in Facility-Based Childbirth: Report of a landscape analysis. USAID TRAction Project:Harvard School of Public Health University Research Co., LLC; 2010 Sep 20.
7. Human Rights Watch. No Tally of the Anguish: Accountability in Maternal Health Care in India. New York: Human Rights Watch; 2009.
8. Human Rights Watch. Unaccountable: Addressing Reproductive Health Care Gaps. New York: Human Rights Watch; 2010.
9. Gebrehiwot T, Goicolea I, Edin K, Sebastian M. Making pragmatic choices: women's experiences of delivery care in Northern Ethiopia. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2012; 12(1):113.
10. Abuya T, Njuki R, Ndwiga C, Serwanga J, Bashir I, Njeru A, et al. Manifestations, Type and Prevalence of Disrespect and Abuse during Child Birth in Kenya. Tanzania: Global Maternal Health Conference 15th-17th January 2013; 2013.