BACKGROUND\ud Malaria vector control strategies that target adult female mosquitoes are challenged by the emergence of insecticide resistance and behavioural resilience. Conventional larviciding is restricted by high operational costs and inadequate knowledge of mosquit... View more
1. WHO: World malaria Report. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2013.
2. WHO: World Malaria Report. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2012.
3. Okumu FO, Kiware SS, Moore SJ, Killeen GF: Mathematical evaluation of community level impact of combining bed nets and indoor residual spraying upon malaria transmission in areas where the main vectors are Anopheles arabiensis mosquitoes. Parasit Vectors 2013, 6:1-24.
4. Mwangangi JM, Mbogo CM, Orindi BO, Muturi EJ, Midega JT, Nzovu J, Gatakaa H, Githure J, Borgemeister C, Keating J: Shifts in malaria vector species composition and transmission dynamics along the Kenyan coast over the past 20 years. Malar J 2013, 12:13.
5. Ranson H, Guessan R, Lines J, Moiroux N, Nkuni Z, Corbel V: Pyrethroid resistance in African anopheline mosquitoes: what are the implications for malaria control? Trends Parasitol 2011, 27:91-98.
6. Coetzee M, Koekemoer LL: Molecular Systematics And Insecticide Resistance in a Major African Malaria Vector, Anopheles funestus. Ann Rev Entomol 2013, 58:393-412.
7. WHO: World Malaria Report. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2011.
8. Sokhna C, Ndiath MO, Rogier C: The changes of mosquito vectors behavior and the emerging resistance to insecticide will challenge the decline of malaria. Clin Microbiol Infect 2013, 19:902-907.
9. Russell T, Govella N, Azizi S, Drakeley C, Kachur SP, Killeen G: Increased proportions of outdoor feeding among residual malaria vector populations following increased use of insecticide-treated nets in rural Tanzania. Malar J 2011, 10:80.
10. Reddy MR, Overgaard HJ, Abaga S, Reddy VP, Caccone A, Kiszewski AE, Slotman MA: Outdoor host seeking behaviour of Anopheles gambiae mosquitoes following initiation of malaria vector control on Bioko Island, Equatorial Guinea. Malar J 2012, 10:184.