Subject: Biological Psychiatry | Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system | RC346-429 | Behavioral Neuroscience | Research
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) studies investigating the neural mechanisms underlying developmental dyscalculia are scarce and results are thus far inconclusive. Main aim of the present study is to investigate the neura... View more
1. American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders 4th edition. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Association; 1994.
2. Dowker A: Individual differences in arithmetic: Implications for psychology, neuroscience and education Hove: Psychology Press; 2005.
3. Landerl K, Bevan A, Butterworth B: Developmental dyscalculia and basic numerical capacities: A study of 8-9 year-old students. Cognition 2004, 93:99-125.
4. Rubinsten O, Henik A: Automatic activation of internal magnitudes: a study of developmental dyscalculia. Neuropsychol 2005, 19:641-648.
5. Wilson A, Dehaene S: Number sense and developmental dyscalculia. In Human Behavior, Learning, and the Developing Brain: Atypical Development Edited by: Coch D, Dawson G, Fischer K. New York: Guilford Press; 2007:212-238.
6. Dehaene S, Piazza M, Pinel P, Cohen L: Three parietal circuits for number processing. Cogn Neuropsychol 2003, 20:487-506.
7. Molko N, Cachia A, Rivière D, Mangin J-F, Bruandet M, Le Bihan D, Cohen L, Dehaene S: Functional and structural alterations of the intraparietal sulcus in a developmental dyscalculia of genetic origin. Neuron 2003, 40:847-858.
8. Isaacs EB, Edmonds CJ, Lucas A, Gadian DG: Calculation difficulties in children of very low birthweight. A neural correlate. Brain 2001, 124:1701-1707.