OBJECTIVE: This work aimed to evaluate the effect of fructooligosaccharide and inulin added to an enteral diet on the translocation of Klebsiella sp. in mice. METHODS: Four- to six-week-old Swiss albino mice were divided into nine groups and fed enteral diets containing... View more
2. Mehall JR, Kite CA, Saltzman DA, Wallett T, Jackson RJ, Smith SD. Prospective study of incidence and complications of bacterial contamination of enteral feeding in neonates. J Ped Surg. 2002; 37(8): 1177-82.
3. Oliviera MH, Bonelli R, Aidoo KE, Batista RV. Microbiological quality of reconstituted enteral formulations used in hospitals. Nutrition. 2000; 16(9):729-33.
4. Pinto UM, Cardoso RR, Vanetti MCD. Detecção de Listeria, Salmonella e Klebsiella em serviço de alimentação hospitalar. Rev Nutr. 2004; 17(3): 319-26.
5. Berg RD. Bacterial translocation from the gastrointestinal tracts of mice receiving immunosuppressive chemotherapeutic agents. Curr Microbiol. 1983; 8(5):879-82.
6. Wiest R, Rath HC. Bacterial translocation in the gut. Best Prac Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2003; 17(3): 397-425.
7. Kapkac M, Erikoglu M, Tuncyurek P, Ersin S, Esassolak M, Alkanal M, et al. Fiber enriched diets and radiation induced injury of the gut. Nutr Res. 2003; 23(1):77-83.
8. Gibson GR, Roberfroid MB. Dietary modulation of the human colonic microflora: introducing of prebiotics. J Nutr. 1995; 125(6):1401-12.
9. Kaplan H, Hutkis R W. Fermentation of fructooligosaccharides by lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2000; 66(6): 2682-4.
10. Guarner F, Malagelada JR. Gut flora in health and disease. Lancet. 2003; 361(9356):512-9.
11. Rayes N, Hansen S, Seehofer D, Müller AR, Serke S, Bengmark S, et al. Early enteral supply of fiber and lactobacilli versus conventional nutrition: a controlled trial in patients with major abdominal surgery. Nutrition. 2002; 18(7/8):609-15.