Subject: cleaning | psychosocial work environment | intervention; psychosocial work environment; multi-ethnic workplace; cleaning | R | multi-ethnic workplace | Samhällsvetenskap | Social Sciences | Medicine | intervention | Article
Global labour migration has increased in recent years and immigrant workers are often recruited into low status and low paid jobs such as cleaning. Research in a Danish context shows that immigrants working in the cleaning industry often form social networks based on sh... View more
1. Premji, S.; Duguay, P.; Messing, K.; Lippel, K. Are immigrants, ethnic and linguistic minorities over-represented in jobs with a high level of compensated risk? Results from a Montreal, Canada study using census and workers' compensation data. Am. J. Ind. Med. 2010, 53, 875-885.
2. Schenker, M.B. Migration and occupational health: Shining a light on the problem. Am. J. Ind. Med. 2010, 53, 327-328.
3. Benach, J.; Muntaner, C.; Delclos, C.; Menéndez, M.; Ronquillo, C. Migration and “low-skilled” workers in destination countries. PLoS Med. 2011, 8, doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001043.
4. Premji, S.; Krause, N. Disparities by ethnicity, language, and immigrant status in occupational health experiences among Las Vegas hotel room cleaners. Am. J. Ind. Med. 2010, 53, 960-975.
5. Smith, P.M.; Mustard, C.A. The unequal distribution of occupational health and safety risks among immigrants to Canada compared to Canadian-born labour market participants: 1993-2005. Saf. Sci. 2010, 48, 1296-1303.
6. European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA). Managing Psychosocial Risks with Cleaning Workers. Available online: https://osha.europa.eu/en/publications/e-facts/efact51 (accessed on 11 October 2013).
7. Danmarks Statistik. Statistik Årbog 2008 (Statistics Denmark. Statistical Yearbook 2008); Gunnersen, S.J., Bisgaard, M.P., Eds; Danmarks Statistik: Copenhagen, Denmark, 2008 (in Danish).
8. Søgaard, K.; Blangsted, A.K.; Herod, A.; Finsen, L. Work Design and the Labouring Body: Examining the Impacts of Work Organization on Danish Cleaners' Health. In The Dirty Work of Neoliberalism: Cleaners in the Global Economy; Aguitar, L.L.M., Herod, A., Eds.; Blackwell Publishing: Malden, MA, USA, 2006; pp. 150-171.
9. Kumar, R.; Kumar, S. Musculoskeletal risk factors in cleaning occupation-A literature review. Int. J. Ind. Ergon. 2008, 38, 158-170.
10. Gamperiene, M.; Nygård, J.F.; Sandanger, I.; Waersted, M.; Bruusgaard, D. The impact of psychosocial and organizational working conditions on the mental health of female cleaning personnel in Norway. J. Occup. Med. Toxicol. 2006, 1, doi:10.1186/1745-6673-1-24.