Subject: health policy | forecast model | Original Research Article | pharmaceutical expenditure | innovative medicine | generic | biosimilar
Background and objective: With constant incentives for healthcare payers to contain their pharmaceutical budgets, modelling policy decision impact became critical. The objective of this project was to test the impact of various policy decisions on pharmaceutical budget ... View more
1. European Commission (2009). Communication from the commission. Executive summary of the pharmaceutical sector inquiry report. Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/competition/sectors/ pharmaceuticals/inquiry/communication_en.pdf [cited 2 October 2013].
2. European Commission. High level pharmaceutical forum: guiding principles for good practices implementing a pricing and reimbursement policy. 2005 2008. Available from: http://ec.europa. eu/enterprise/sectors/healthcare/files/docs/pricing_principles_ en.pdf [cited 2 October 2013].
3. EUROPA (EUR-Lex). Council directive of 21 December 1988 relating to the transparency of measures regulating the pricing of medicinal products for human use and their inclusion in the scope of national health insurance systems (89/105/EEC). (This directive is under review to adapt it to the current pharmaceutical environment). Available from: http://eurlex.euro pa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri CELEX:31989L0105:en: HTML [cited 2 October 2013].
4. Nza (Dutch Health Authorities) (2012). Policy BR/CU-2068 and circulated document n8CI/12/75c12D0019919: transition measures expensive drugs and adjustment substance list. Available from: http://www.nza.nl/137706/145406/430582/BR-CU2068-Beleidsregel-prestaties-en-tarieven-medisch-specialistischezorg.pdf [cited 2 October 2013]. http://www.nza.nl/133167/ 133442/458247/CI-12-75c.pdf [cited 2 October 2013].
5. Foundation for Pharmaceutical Statistics (Stichting Farmaceutische Kengetallen, SFK) (2012). Facts and figures 2012 on pharmaceutical care in the Netherlands. Available from: http://www.sfk.nl/english/f-f-2012 [cited 22 October 2013].
6. Toumi M. European Market Access University Diploma (EMAUD) Lecture, Module 4.2012 Apr 10.
7. EFPIA (2010). Patients W.A.I.T indicator. Available from: http:// www.efpia.eu/uploads/Modules/Documents/patients-wait--- report-2010-final---10.11.28_0.pdf [cited 2 October 2013].
8. Maervoet J, Toumi M. Time to market access for innovative drugs in England, Wales, France and Belgium. ISPOR 15th Annual European Congress, Berlin, Germany, 3 7 November 2012.
9. O'Neill P, Delvin N, Puig-Peiro´ R. Time trends in NICE HTA decisions. Office of Health Economics (OHE); 2012. Available from: http://www.ohe.org/object/display.cfm?serv 2&id 107 [cited 22 October 2013].
10. HAS (2012). Rapport d'activite´ 2011. Available from: http:// www.has-sante.fr/portail/jcms/c_1267546/rapport-annuel-dactivite-2011 [cited 21 October 2013].