Subject: Research article | RA1-1270 | Public aspects of medicine | Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>The economic value attributed by users of health services in public health systems can be useful in planning and evaluation. This value can differ from the perspectives of Willingness to Pay (WTP) and Willingness to Accept [Compensat... View more
1. Porzsolt F, Ackermann M, Amelung V: The value of health care: a matter of discussion in Germany. BMC Health Serv Res 2007, 7:1.
2. Borghi J: Aggregation rules for cost-benefit analysis: a health economics perspective. Health Econ 2008, 17:863-875.
3. O'Brien BJ, Goeree R, Gafni A, Torrance GW, Pauly MV, Erder H, Rusthoven J, Weeks J, Cahill M, LaMont B: Assessing the value of a new pharmaceutical. A feasibility study of contingent valuation in managed care. Med Care 1998, 36:370-384.
4. Sayman S, Onculer A: Effects of study design characteristics on the WTA-WTP disparity: A meta analytical framework. Journal of Economic Psychology 2005, 26:289-312.
5. Berg B Van den, Bleichrodt H, Eeckhoudt L: The economic value of informal care: a study of informal caregivers' and patients' willingness to pay and willingness to accept for informal care. Health Econ 2005, 14:363-976.
6. Whynes DK, Sach TH: WTP and WTA: do people think differently? Soc Sci Med 2007, 65:946-957.
7. Grutters JP, Kessels AG, Dirksen CD, van Helvoort-Postulart D, Anteunis LJ, Joore MA: Willingness to Accept versus Willingness to Pay in a Discrete Choice Experiment. Value Health 2008, 11:1110-9.
8. Horowitz JK, McConnell KE: A Review of WTA/WTP Studies. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 2002, 44:426-447.
9. Hanemann WM: Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept: How Much Can They Differ? Am Econ Rev 1991, 81:635-647.
10. Shogren JF, Shin SY, Haynes DJ, Kliebenstein JB: Resolving differences in Willingness to Pay and Willingnes to Accept. Am Econ Rev 1994, 84:255-270.