Subject: Japan | R5-920 | Medicine (General) | Original Research | International Journal of General Medicine | travel medicine | travel-related health problems
Yoshiro Hadano,&nbsp;Michinori Shirano,&nbsp;Tetsushi Goto Center for Infectious Diseases, Osaka City General Hospital, Osaka, Japan Abstract: We analyzed the travel-related health problems in persons returning to Japan from overseas. Data were extracted retros... View more
1. World Tourism Organization UNWTO [homepage on the Internet]. UNWTO Annual Report 2014. Madrid: World Tourism Organization; 2015. Available from: http://www2.unwto.org/annualreport2014. Accessed August 19, 2016.
3. MizunoY, Kudo K. Travel-related health problems in Japanese travelers. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2009;7(5):296-300.
4. Ansart S, Perez L, Vergely O, Danis M, Bricaire F, Caumes E. Illnesses in travelers returning from the tropics: a prospective study of 622 patients. J Travel Med. 2005;12(6):312-318.
5. Doherty JF, Grant AD, Bryceson AD. Fever as the presenting complaint of travellers returning from the tropics. QJM. 1995;88(4):277-281.
6. Mizuno Y, Kato Y, Kano S, Takasaki T. Imported malaria and dengue fever in returned travelers in Japan from 2005 to 2010. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2012;10(2):86-91.
7. National Institute of Infectious Diseases [homepage on the Internet]. Annual surveillance data table Tokyo: National Institute of Infectious Disease, 1998. National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Japan. Available from: http://www.nih.go.jp/niid/ja/from-idsc.html. Accessed August 19, 2016. Japanese.
8. Kutsuna S, Kato Y, Moi ML, et al. Autochthonous dengue fever, Tokyo, Japan, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21(3):517-520.
9. Stienlauf S, Segal G, SidiY, Schwartz E. Epidemiology of travel-related hospitalization. J Travel Med. 2005;12(3):136-141.
10. O'Brien D, Tobin S, Brown GV, Torresi J. Fever in returned travelers: review of hospital admissions for a 3-year period. Clin Infect Dis. 2001;33(5):603-609.