Subject: laser resurfacing | electrocautery | R855-855.5 | electrosurgery | Evidence and Research [Medical Devices] | Original Research | radiosurgery | Medical technology | ablative surgery
Hatem A Tawfik,1 Yousef A Fouad,2 Rashad Hafez3 1Department of Ophthalmology, Oculoplastics Service, Ain Shams University, 2Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, 3Eye Subspecialty Centre, Cairo, Egypt Objective: To introduce and evaluate the safety of a novel dual... View more
1. Massarweh NN, Cosgriff N, Slakey DP. Electrosurgery: history, principles, and current and future uses. J Am Coll Surg. 2006;202:520-530.
2. Smith TL, Smith JM. Electrosurgery in otolaryngology - head and neck surgery: principles, advances, and complications. Laryngoscope. 2001;111:769-780.
3. Jones CM, Pierre KB, Nicoud IB, et al. Electrosurgery. Curr Surg. 2006;63:458-463.
4. Palanker DV, Vankov A, Huie P. Electrosurgery with cellular precision. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2008;55:838-841.
5. Association of Surgical Technologists. AST Recommended Standards of Practice for Use of Electrosurgery. Available from: http://www.ast. org/pdf/Standards_of_Practice/RSOP_Electrosurgery.pdf. Accessed September 14, 2013.
6. Usatine RB, Hainer BL. Electrosurgery of the skin. Am Fam Physician. 2002;66:1259-1267.
7. Wu MP, Ou CS, Chen SL, et al. Complications and recommended practices for electrosurgery in laparoscopy. Am J Surg. 2000;179: 67-73.
8. Munro MG. Energy sources for operative laparoscopy. In: Gomel V, Taylor PJ, editors. Diagnostic and Operative Gynecologic Laparoscopy. St Louis, MO: Mosby-Year Book;1995:26-56.
9. Soderstrom R. Principles of electrosurgery as applied to gynecology. In: Rock JA, Thompson JD, editors. Te Linde's Operative Gynecology. 8th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven; 1997:321-326.
10. Smith TL, Smith JM. Radiofrequency electrosurgery. Oper Tech Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2000;11:66-70.