Subject: Review | clinical pharmacy data base | Integrated Pharmacy Research and Practice | patient outcomes | Big Data | pharmacy informatics | Pharmacy and materia medica | RS1-441
Carolyn Ma, Helen Wong Smith, Cherie Chu, Deborah T JuarezDepartment of Pharmacy Practice, The Daniel K Inouye College of Pharmacy, University of Hawai&#39;i at Hilo, Hilo, HI, USAAbstract: Pharmacy informatics is defined as the use and integration of data, informat... View more
1. National Library of Medicine. Collection development manual: medical informatics. Available from: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/tsd/acquisitions/ cdm/CDMBook.pdf. Accessed on June 5, 2015.
2. Proceedings of the Pharmacy Practice Model Summit: An invitational consensus conference conducted by ASHP and the ASHP Research and Education Foundation, November 7-9, 2010, Dallas, Texas. Available from http://www.ashp.org/DocLibrary/PPMI/ PPMI-Summit-Proceedings.aspx
3. Erickson AK, editor, Pharmacy Today. Pharmacy: Harnessing the power of big data. American Pharmacists Association. http://www.pharmacist. com/pharmacy. Accessed March 20, 2015.
4. Groves P, Kayyali B, Knott D, Van Kuiken S. The “big data” revolution in healthcare: accelerating value and innovation. New York, NY: Center for US Health System Reform, Business Technology Ofcfie, McKinsey and Company; 2013.
5. Kirk JK, Michael KA, Markowsky SJ, Restino MR, Zarowitz BJ. Critical pathways: the time is here for pharmacist involvement. American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy. 1996;16(4): 723-733.
6. Dobesh PP, Bosso J, Wortman S, et al. Critical pathways: the role of phar macy today and tomor row. Pharmacotherapy. 2006;26(9):1358-1368.
7. McCaffrey S, Nightingale CH. How to develop critical paths and prepare for other formulary management changes. Hosp Formul. 1994;29:628-635.
8. Bereznicki BJ, Peterson G, Jackson S, et al. Uptake and effectiveness of a community pharmacy intervention programme to improve asthma management. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2013;38(3):212-218.
9. Evans RS, Larsen RA, Burke JP, et al. Computer surveillance of hospital-acquired infections and antibiotic use. JAMA. 1986; 256(8):1007-1011.
10. The Cochrane Library, 2995-2015. Chichester: Wiley. http://www. cochranelibrary.com/. Accessed April 1, 2015.