Subject: Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology(all) | R | Research article | Science (General) | Q1-390 | Medicine(all) | Medicine | Biology (General) | QH301-705.5
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>There is a high prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders among healthcare professional students. Although recent studies show musculoskeletal disorders are a common problem among X-ray technologists, there are no data on these disorde... View more
1. Woolf AD, Akesson K: Understanding the burden of musculoskeletal conditions. The burden is huge and not reflected in national health priorities. BMJ 2001, 322:1079-80.
2. Salaffi F, De Angelis R, Grassi W, MArche Pain Prevalence INvestigation Group (MAPPING) study: Prevalence of musculoskeletal conditions in an Italian population sample: results of a regional community-based study. I. The MAPPING study. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2005, 23:819-28.
3. Punnett L, Wegman DH: Work-related musculoskeletal disorders: the epidemiologic evidence and the debate. J Electromyogr Kinesiol 2004, 14:13-23.
4. The Work Foundation: Fit For Work? Musculoskeletal Disorders in the European Workforce. London 2009.
5. European Agency for Safety and Health at Work: Preventing risks to young workers: policy, programmes and workplace practices. Bilbao 2009.
6. Smedley J, Egger P, Cooper C, Coggon D: Manual handling activities and risk of low back pain in nurses. Occup Environ Med 1995, 52:160-3.
7. Lagerström M, Wenemark M, Hagberg M, Wigaeus Hjelm E: Occupational and individual factors related to musculoskeletal symptoms in five body regions among Swedish nursing personnel. Int Arch Occup Environ Health 1995, 68:27-35.
8. Lorusso A, Bruno S, L'Abbate N: A review of low back pain and musculoskeletal disorders among Italian nursing personnel. Ind Health 2007, 45:637-44.
9. Engels JA, Gulden JW van der, Senden TF, van't Hof B: Work related risk factors for musculoskeletal complaints in the nursing profession: results of a questionnaire survey. Occup Environ Med 1996, 53:636-41.
10. Josephson M, Lagerström M, Hagberg M, Wigaeus Hjelm E: Musculoskeletal symptoms and job strain among nursing personnel: a study over a three year period. Occup Environ Med 1997, 54:681-5.