In order to understand how carbon storage and allocation patterns vary among plantation types, we estimated carbon allocation between above- and below-ground compartments in four subtropical plantations and a naturally recovered shrubland (as a control). Results indicat... View more
1. IPCC. IPCC Four Assessment Report. Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability; Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK, 2007; p. 34.
2. Hunter, I. Above ground biomass and nutrient uptake of three tree species (Eucalyptus camaldulensis, Eucalyptus grandis and Dalbergia sissoo) as affected by irrigation and fertiliser, at 3 years of age, in southern India. For. Ecol. Manag. 2001, 144, 189-199.
3. Davis, M.R.; Allen, R.B.; Clinton, P.W. Carbon storage along a stand development sequence in a New Zealand Nothofagus forest. For. Ecol. Manag. 2003, 177, 313-321.
5. Fang, J.Y.; Guo, Z.D.; Piao, S.L.; Chen, P.A. The estimating of terrestrial vegetation carbon sink in China between 1981 and 2000. Sci. China Earth Sci. 2007, 50, 1341-1350.
6. State Forestry Administration. The main results of the 8th national forest resources inventory (from 2009 to 2013). 2014. Available online: http://www.forestry.gov.cn/main/65/ content-659670.html. (accessed on 3 April 2014).
7. Huang, L.; Liu, J.Y.; Shao, Q.Q.; Xu, X.L. Carbon sequestration by forestation across China: Past, present, and future. Renew. Sust. Energ. Rev. 2012, 16, 1291-1299.
8. Pregitzer, K.S.; Euskirchen, E.S. Carbon cycling and storage in world forests: Biome patterns related to forest age. Glob. Chang. Biol. 2004, 10, 2052-2077.
9. Piao, S.L.; Fang, J.Y.; Ciais, P.; Peylin, P.; Huang, Y.; Sitch, S.; Wang, T. The carbon balance of terrestrial ecosystems in China. Nature 2009, 458, 1009-1013.
10. Wei, Y.W.; Li, M.H.; Chen, H.; Lewis, B.J.; Yu, D.B.; Zhou, L.; Zhou, W.M.; Fang, X.M.; Zhao, W.; Dai, L.M. Variation in carbon storage and its distribution by stand age and forest type in boreal and temperate forests in northeastern China. PLoS One 2013, 8, e72201; doi:10.1371/ journal.pone.0072201.