Subject: R | reliability | scale | Medicine | validity | hypertension | Article | knowledge
This study was conducted to develop a scale to measure knowledge about hypertension among Turkish adults. The Hypertension Knowledge-Level Scale (HK-LS) was generated based on content, face, and construct validity, internal consistency, test re-test reliability, and dis... View more
1. United Nations, General Assembly. Political declaration of the High-level Meeting of the General Assembly on the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases. In Proceedings of Sixty-Sixth Session Agenda, Item 117. Follow-up to the Outcome of the Millennium Summit. New York, USA, 19-20 September 2011.
2. Kearney, P.M.; Whelton, M.; Reynolds, K.; Muntner, P.; Whelton, P.K.; He, J. Global burden of hypertension: analysis of worldwide data. Lancet 2005, 365, 217-223.
3. Lawes, C.M.M.; Hoorn, S.V.; Rodgers, A. Global burden of blood-pressure-related disease, 2001. Lancet 2008, 371, 1513-1518.
4. Sabouhi, F.; Babaee, S.; Naji, H.; Zade, A.H. Knowledge, awareness, attitudes and practice about hypertension in hypertensive patients referring to public health care centers in Khoor & Biabanak 2009. Iran. J. Nurs. Midwifery Res. 2011, 16, 35-41.
5. Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health, Directorate General Primary Health Care Services. Prevention and Control Program for Cardiovascular Diseases in Turkey: Strategic Plan and Action Plan for the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Prevention (2010-2014). Available online: http://www.tkd-online.org/PDFs/StrategicActionPlan.pdf (accessed on 16 March 2012)
6. Altun, B.; Arici, M.; Nergizoğlu, G.; Derici, U.; Karatan, O.; Turgan, C.; Sindel, S.; Erbay, B.; Hasanoğlu, E.; Cağlar, S. Prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension in Turkey (The PatenT Study) in 2003. J. Hypertens. 2005, 23, 1817-1823.
7. National Burden of Disease and Cost Effectiveness Project. Cost Effectiveness Final Report December 2004. Ministry of Health Refik Saydam Hygiene Center Presidency School of Public Health Ankara. Available online: http://www.tusak.saglik.gov.tr/pdf/nbd/raporlar/ hastalikyukuTR.pdf (accessed on 13 October 2011).
8. Huang, S.; Hu, X.; Chen, H.; Xie, D.; Gan, X.; Wu, Y.; Nie, S.; Wu, J. The positive effect of an intervention program on the hypertension knowledge and lifestyles of rural residents over the age of 35 years in an area of China. Hypertens. Res. 2011, 34, 503-508.
9. Sanne, S.; Muntner, P.; Kawasaki, L.; Hyre, A.; DeSalvo, K.B. Hypertension knowledge among patients from an urban clinic. Ethn. Dis. 2008, 18, 42-47.
10. Magadza, C.; Radloff, S.E.; Srinivas, S.C. The effect of an educational intervention on patients' knowledge about hypertension, beliefs about medicines, and adherence. Res. Soc. Adm. Pharm. 2009, 5, 363-375.