Subject: old-age benefit | TD194-195 | Renewable energy sources | gender | public pension program | pension gap | public pension program; old-age benefit; gender; pension gap; China | TJ807-830 | China | GE1-350 | Environmental sciences | Environmental effects of industries and plants
mesheuropmc: human activities | population characteristics | health care economics and organizations
This paper analyzes gender issues with respect to public pensions in China. Because provision of public pensions in China is highly fragmented, with different programs applying to different groups of people, we focus on the largest mandatory public pension program in ur... View more
1. Bettio, F.; Tinios, P.; Betti, G. The Gender Gap in Pensions in the EU. Available online: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/gender-equality/files/documents/130530_pensions_en.pdf (accessed on 18 June 2014).
2. China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Study (CHARLS) 2011. Available online: http://charls.ccer.edu.cn (accessed on 18 January 2014).
3. Fultz, E.; Ruck, M.; Steinhilber, S. The Gender Dimensions of Social Security Reform in Central and Eastern Europe: Case Studies of the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland; International Labor Office Subregional Office for Central and Eastern Europe: Budapest, Hungary, 2003.
4. Even, W.E.; Turner, J.A. Has the Pension Coverage of Women Improved? Benefits Q. 1999, 15, 37-40.
5. Even, W.E.; Macpherson, D.A. When will the Gender Gap in Retirement Income Narrow? South. Econ. J. 2004, 71, 182-200.
6. Dahl, S.A.; Nilsen, O.A.; Vaage, K. Gender Differences in Early Retirement Behaviour. Eur. Sociol. Rev. 2003, 19, 179-198.
7. Wu, K. Gender Difference Should be Considered in Pension Plan. Popul. Econ. 2002, 133, 59-63.
8. Liu, X.H. Analysis on the Change of Benefits by Sex in the Course of the Old-Age Insurance Reform. Popul. Econ. 2010, 182, 58-64.
9. Drew, E. Gender Balance in Social Security Reform China, EU-China Social Security Reform Co-Operation Project. Available online: http://www.academia.edu/997306/Gender_Balance_in_ Social_Security_Reform_China (accessed on 20 June 2014).
10. Pei, D. Gender Difference of Pension Benefits in Urban China. Available online: http://arno.uvt.nl/show.cgi?fid=121849 (accessed on 20 June 2014).