Subject: satiety | Fiber, gut health, prebiotic, glycemia, satiety, carbohydrates, weight, mood, cognition, fructose, biomarkers, functional food, microbiome | mood | HUMMOR | FERMENTAÇÃO | Human nutrition; food-related nutrition; public health nutrition | FIBRAS NA DIETA | PROBIÓTICOS | carbohydrates | gut health | fiber | TX341-641 | cognition | biomarkers | weight | fructose | functional food | prebiotic | BIOMARCADORES | microbiome | Nutrition. Foods and food supply | COGNIÇÃO | GLICEMIA | Report | glycemia | CARBOIDRATOS NA DIETA | Macronutrients and health
To stimulate discussion around the topic of ‘carbohydrates’ and health, the Brazilian branch of the International Life Sciences Institute held the 11th International Functional Foods Workshop (12 December 2011) in which consolidated knowledge and recent scientific advan... View more
1. Carbohydrates in Human Nutrition (1998). Report of a Joint FAO/WHO Expert Consultation. FAO Food and Nutrition Paper 66. Rome, Italy: FAO, pp. 1 140.
2. Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. Dietary reference intakes for energy, carbohydrate, fiber, fat, fatty acids, cholesterol, protein, and amino acids. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2002, pp. 339 61.
3. Health Canada. Policy for labelling and sdvertising of dietary fibre-containing food products. Ottawa, ON: Health Canada, Bureau of Nutritional Sciences, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch; 2012.
4. American Association of Cereal Chemists (2001). Definition of dietary fiber: report of the dietary fiber definition committee to the board of directors of the American Association of Cereal Chemists. Cereal Foods World 6: 112 26.
5. European Commission. Commission Directive 2008/100/EC. Official Journal of the European Union 2008; 51: L285 9.
6. Codex Alimentarius Commission (2008). Report of the 30th Session of the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses, Cape Town, South Africa, 3 7 November, 2008; ALINORM 09/32/26. Rome, Italy: Codex Alimentarius Commission.
7. Codex Alimentarius Commission (2009). Report of the 31st Session of the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses, Du¨ sseldorf, Germany, 2 6 November, 2009; ALINORM 09/32/26. Rome, Italy: Codex Alimentarius Commission.
8. Howlett JF, Betteridge VA, Champ M, Craig SA, Meheust A, Jones JM. The definition of dietary fiber discussions at the Ninth Vahouny Fiber Symposium: building scientific agreement. Food Nutr Res 2010; 54: 5750, doi: 10.3402/ fnr.v54i0.5750
9. Slavin JL. Position of the American Dietetic Association: health implications of dietary fiber. J Am Diet Assoc 2008; 108: 1716 31.
10. Institute of Medicine Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary reference intakes for energy, carbohydrate, fiber, fat, fatty acids, cholesterol, protein, and amino acids (Macronutrients). Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine; 2002.