BACKGROUND: Recently, long noncoding RNAs have emerged as pivotal molecules for the regulation of coding genes' expression. These molecules might result from antisense transcription of functional genes originating natural antisense transcripts (NATs) or from transcripti... View more
2. Guttman M, Amit I, Garber M, French C, Lin M, et al. (2009) Chromatin signature reveals over a thousand highly conserved large non-coding RNAs in mammals. Nature 458: 223-227.
3. Caley D, Pink R, Trujillano D, Carter D (2010) Long noncoding RNAs, chromatin, and development. Scientific World Journal 10: 90-102.
4. Korneev SA, Korneeva EI, Lagarkova MA, Kiselev SL, Critchley G, et al. (2008) Novel noncoding antisense RNA transcribed from human anti-NOS2A locus is differentially regulated during neuronal differentiation of embryonic stem cells. RNA 14: 2030-2037.
5. Beiter T, Reich E, Williams RW, Simon P (2009) Antisense transcription: a critical look in both directions. Cell Mol Life Sci 66: 94-112.
6. Katayama S, Tomaru Y, Kasukawa T, Waki K, Nakanishi M, et al. (2005) Antisense transcription in the mammalian transcriptome. Science 309: 1564- 1566.
7. Ge X, Wu Q, Jung YC, Chen J, Wang SM (2006) A large quantity of novel human antisense transcripts detected by Long SAGE. Bioinformatics 22: 2475- 2479.
8. Røsok Ø, Sioud M (2004) Systematic identification of sense-antisense transcripts in mammalian cells. Nat Biotechnol 22: 104-108.
9. Lavorgna G, Dahary D, Lehner B, Sorek R, Sanderson CM, et al. (2004) In search of antisense. Trends Biochem Sci 29: 88-94.
10. Wagner EG, Simons RW (1994) Antisense RNA control in bacteria, phages, and plasmids. Annu Rev Microbiol 48: 713-742.