mesheuropmc: otorhinolaryngologic diseases | technology, industry, and agriculture
Solid state 13C-NMR spectra of pure tannin powders from four different sources – mimosa, quebracho, chestnut and tara – are readily distinguishable from each other, both in pure commercial powder form, and in leather which they have been used to tan. Groups of signals ... View more
1. Covington, A.D. Modern tanning chemistry. Chem. Soc. Rev. 1997, 1997, 111-126.
2. Covington, A.D. Tanning Chemistry: The Science of Leather; RSC Publishing: Cambridge, UK, 2009.
3. Ogrinc, N.; Kosir, I.J.; Spangenberg, J.E.; Kidric, J. The application of NMR and MS methods for detection of adulteration of wine, fruit juices, and olive oil. A review. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 2003, 376, 424-430.
4. Larsson, P.T. Interaction between cellulose I and hemicelluloses studied by spectral fitting of CP/MAS C-13-NMR spectra. Hemicelluloses: Sci. Technol. 2004, 864, 254-268.
5. Bugay, D.E. Characterization of the solid-state: spectroscopic techniques. Advan. Drug Delivery Rev. 2001, 48, 43-65.
6. Wilson, M.A.; Hatcher, P.G. Detection of Tannins in Modern and Fossil Barks and in Plant Residues by High-Resolution Solid-State C-13 Nuclear Magnetic-Resonance. Org. Geochem. 1988, 12, 539-546.
7. Gamble, G.R.; Akin, D.E.; Makkar, H.P.S.; Becker, K. Biological degradation of tannins in sericea lespedeza (Lespedeza cuneta) by the white rot fungi Ceriporiopsis subvermispora and Cyathus stercoreus analyzed by solid-state C-13 nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 1996, 62, 3600-3604.
8. Lorenz, K.; Preston, C.M. Characterization of high-tannin fractions from humus by carbon-13 cross-polarization and magic-angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance. J. Environ. Qual. 2002, 31, 431-436.
9. Lorenz, K.; Preston, C.M.; Raspe, S.; Morrison, I.K.; Feger, K.H. Litter decomposition and humus characteristics in Canadian and German spruce ecosystems: information from tannin analysis and C-13 CPMAS NMR. Soil Biol. Biochem. 2000, 32, 779-792.
10. Hoong, Y.B.; Pizzi, A.; Md. Tahir, P.; Pasch, H. Characterization of Acacia mangium polyflavonoid tannins by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and CP-MAS 13C NMR. Eur. Polym. J. 2010, 46, 1268-1277.