Subject: chemoprevention | Review | RC254-282 | breast cancer | Targets and Therapy [Breast Cancer] | tamoxifen | Neoplasms. Tumors. Oncology. Including cancer and carcinogens | women
mesheuropmc: skin and connective tissue diseases
Safia A Nazarali, Steven A Narod Women&#39;s College Research Institute, Women&#39;s College Hospital, and The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Abstract: Tamoxifen has been used as a treatment for women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer ... View more
1. Brown K. Breast cancer chemoprevention: risk-benefit effects of the anti-oestrogen tamoxifen. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2002;1:253-267.
2. Early Breast Cancer Trialists Collaborative Group. Effects of chemotherapy and hormonal therapy for early breast cancer on recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trials. Lancet. 2005;365: 1687-1717.
3. Early Breast Cancer Trialists Collaborative Group. Tamoxifen for early breast cancer: an overview of the randomized trials. Lancet. 1998;351: 1451-1467.
4. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Major shift in breast cancer care on horizon as NICE recommends preventative drugs for 'at-risk' women. Available from: http://www.nice.org.uk/newsroom/ pressreleases/NICERecommendsBreastCancerdrugs.jsp. Accessed November 27, 2013.
5. Higgins MJ, Stearns V. CYP2D6 polymorphisms and tamoxifen metabolism: clinical relevance. Curr Oncol Rep. 2010;12:7-15.
6. Fisher B, Costantino JP, Wickerham DL, et al. Tamoxifen for prevention of breast cancer: current status of the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project P-1 Study. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005;97: 1652-1662.
7. Nayfield SG, Karp JE, Ford LG, et al. Potential role of tamoxifen in prevention of breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1991;83:1450-1459.
8. Powles TJ, Ashley S, Tidy A, et al. Twenty-year follow-up of the Royal Marsden randomized, double-blinded tamoxifen breast cancer prevention trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007;99:283-290.
9. Cuzick J, Forbes JF, Sestak I, et al. Long-term results of tamoxifen prophylaxis for breast cancer - 96-month follow-up of the randomized IBIS-I trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007;99:272-282.
10. Veronesi U, Maisonneuve P, Rotmensz N, et al. Tamoxifen for the prevention of breast cancer: late results of the Italian Randomized Tamoxifen Prevention Trial Among Women With Hysterectomy. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007;99:727-737.