1. World Health Organization (2000) Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. WHO Technical Report Series no. 894. Geneva: WHO.
2. Masoli M, Fabian D, Holt S et al. (2004) The global burden of asthma: executive summary of the GINA Dissemination Committee report. Allergy 59, 469-478. [OpenAIRE]
3. Beuther DA (2009) Obesity and asthma. Clin Chest Med 30, 479-488. [OpenAIRE]
4. Litonjua AA & Gold DR (2008) Asthma and obesity: common early-life influences in the inception of disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol 121, 1075-1084.
5. Monteiro CA, Conde WL & Popkin BM (2004) The burden of disease from undernutrition and overnutrition in countries undergoing rapid nutrition transition: a view from Brazil. Am J Public Health 94, 433-434.
6. Sole´ D, Wandalsen GF, Camelo-Nunes IC et al. (2006) Prevalence of symptoms of asthma, rhinitis, and atopic eczema among Brazilian children and adolescents identified by the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC) Phase 3. J Pediatr 82, 341-346.
7. Chinn S & Rona RJ (2001) Can the increase in body mass index explain the rising trend in asthma in children? Thorax 56, 845-850. [OpenAIRE]
8. Flaherman V & Rutherford GW (2006) A meta-analysis of the effect of high weight on asthma. Arch Dis Child 91, 334-339. [OpenAIRE]
9. Plumb J, Brawer R & Brisbon N (2007) The interplay of obesity and asthma. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 7, 385-389. [OpenAIRE]
10. Kronander UN, Falkenberg M & Zetterstrom O (2004) Prevalence and incidence of asthma related to waist circumference and BMI in a Swedish community sample. Respir Med 98, 1108-1116. [OpenAIRE]
11. Al-Shawwa BA, Al-Huniti NH, DeMattia L et al. (2007) Asthma and insulin resistance in morbidly obese children and adolescents. J Asthma 44, 469-473. [OpenAIRE]
12. Bidad K, Anari S, Aghamohammadi A et al. (2007) Prevalence of asthma related to BMI in adolescents in Tehran, Iran, 2004-2005. Eur J Pediatr 166, 453-454.
13. Jartti T, Saarikoski L, Jartti L et al. (2009) Obesity, adipokines and asthma. Allergy 64, 770-777. [OpenAIRE]
14. Al-Shawwa B, Al-Huniti N, Titus G et al. (2006) Hypercholesterolemia is a potential risk factor for asthma. J Asthma 43, 231-233. [OpenAIRE]
15. Matricardi PM, Gru¨ber C, Wahn U et al. (2007) The asthma-obesity link in childhood: open questions, complex evidence, a few answers only. Clin Exp Allergy 37, 476-484. [OpenAIRE]