1. Barker DJ (2002) Fetal programming of coronary heart disease. Trends Endocrinol Metab 13, 364 - 368.
2. Hanson MA & Gluckman PD (2008) Developmental origins of health and disease: new insights. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 102, 90 - 93.
3. McMillen IC & Robinson JS (2005) Developmental origins of the metabolic syndrome: prediction, plasticity, and programming. Physiol Rev 85, 571 - 633.
4. Brawley L, Itoh S, Torrens C, et al. (2003) Dietary protein restriction in pregnancy induces hypertension and vascular defects in rat male offspring. Pediatr Res 54, 83 - 90. [OpenAIRE]
5. Edwards LJ & McMillen IC (2002) Periconceptional nutrition programs development of the cardiovascular system in the fetal sheep. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 283, R669 - R679.
6. Langley SC & Jackson AA (1994) Increased systolic blood pressure in adult rats induced by fetal exposure to maternal low protein diets. Clin Sci (Lond) 86, 217 - 222.
7. Torrens C, Brawley L, Barker A, et al. (2003) Maternal protein restriction in the rat impairs resistance artery but not conduit artery function in pregnant offspring. J Physiol 547, 77 - 84.
8. Torrens C, Brawley L, Anthony F, et al. (2006) Folate supplementation during pregnancy improves offspring cardiovascular dysfunction induced by protein restriction. Hypertension 47, 982 - 987.
9. Cleal JK, Poore KR, Boullin JP, et al. (2007) Mismatched pre- and postnatal nutrition leads to cardiovascular dysfunction and altered renal function in adulthood. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104, 9529 - 9533. [OpenAIRE]
10. Khan OA, Torrens C, Noakes DE, et al. (2005) Effects of pre-natal and early post-natal undernutrition on adult internal thoracic artery function. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 28, 811 - 815. [OpenAIRE]
11. Torrens C, Snelling TH, Chau R, et al. (2009) Effects of pre- and periconceptional undernutrition on arterial function in adult female sheep are vascular bed dependent. Exp Physiol 94, 1024 - 1033. [OpenAIRE]
12. Gopalakrishnan GS, Gardner DS, Rhind SM, et al. (2004) Programming of adult cardiovascular function after early maternal undernutrition in sheep. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 287, R12 - R20.
13. Torrens C, Hanson MA, Gluckman PD, et al. (2009) Maternal undernutrition leads to endothelial dysfunction in adult male rat offspring independent of postnatal diet. Br J Nutr 101, 27 - 33.
14. Skeggs LT, Kahn JR & Shumway NP (1956) The preparation and function of the hypertensin-converting enzyme. J Exp Med 103, 295 - 299. [OpenAIRE]
15. Higuchi S, Ohtsu H, Suzuki H, et al. (2007) Angiotensin II signal transduction through the AT1 receptor: novel insights into mechanisms and pathophysiology. Clin Sci (Lond) 112, 417 - 428.