The effect of angiotensin converting enzyme genotype on aerobic capacity following high intensity interval training
Goddard, N; Baker, M.D; Higgins, T; Cobbold, C;
Publisher: Digital Commons
Subject: RC1200 | QP
Obesity increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and cardiovascular disease (CVD). Physical activity can reduce T2DM and CVD risk, and increase aerobic capacity, a significant predictor of all-cause mortality and morbidity. High intensity interva... View more
1. Babraj JA, Vollaard NB, Keast C, Guppy, FM, Cottrell G, Timmons JA. Extremely short duration high intensity interval training substantially improves insulin action in young healthy males. BMC Endocr Disord 9: 3, 2009.
2. Bassett DR, Howley ET. Limiting factors for maximum oxygen uptake and determinants of endurance performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 32: 70-84, 2000.
3. Blair SN, Kohl HW, Paffenbarger RS, Clark DG, Cooper KH, Gibbons LW. Physical fitness and allcause mortality. A prospective study of healthy men and women. JAMA 262: 2395-2401, 1989.
4. Bouchard C, Blair SN, Church TS, Earnest CP, Hagberg JM, Hakkinen K, Jenkins NT, Karavirta L, Kraus WE, Leon AS, Rao DC, Sarzynski MA, Skinner JS, Slentz CA, Rankinen T. Adverse metabolic response to regular exercise: is it a rare or common occurrence? PLoS One 7: e37887, 2012.
5. Bouchard C, Sarzynski MA, Rice TK, Kraus WE, Church TS, Sung YJ, Rao DC, Rankinen T. Genomic predictors of the maximal O(2) uptake response to standardized exercise training programs. J Appl Physiol 110: 1160-1170, 2011.
6. Burgomaster KA, Howarth KR, Phillips SM, Rakobowchuk M, Macdonald MJ, Mcgee SL, Gibala MJ. Similar metabolic adaptations during exercise after low volume sprint interval and traditional endurance training in humans. J Physiol 586: 151- 160, 2008.
7. Cam S, Colakoglu M, Colakoglu S, Sekuri C, Berdeli A. ACE I/D gene polymorphism and aerobic endurance development in response to training in a non-elite female cohort. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 47: 234-238, 2007.
8. Capros N, Barbacar N, Istrati V, Braniste T. Aspects of the molecular-genetic profile in patients with ischemic heart disease. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 117(1):78-82, 2013.
9. Cerit M, Colakoglu M, Erdogan M, Berdeli A, Cam FS. Relationship between ace genotype and short duration aerobic performance development. Eur J Appl Physiol 98(5):461-465, 2006.
10. Garber CE, Blissmer B, Deschenes MR, Franklin BA, Lamonte MJ, Lee IM, Nieman DC, Swain DP, American College of Sports M. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Quantity and quality of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, and neuromotor fitness in apparently healthy adults: guidance for prescribing exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc 43(7):1334-1359, 2011.