Jackfruit seeds are an under-utilized waste in many tropical countries. In this work, we demonstrate the potential of roasted jackfruit seeds to develop chocolate aroma. Twenty-seven different roasted jackfruit seed flours were produced from local jackfruit by acidifyin... View more
(12) Gu, F.; Tan, L.; Wu, H.; Fang, Y.; Xu, F.; Chu, Z.; Wang, Q. Comparison of cocoa beans from China, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. Foods 2013, 2, 183-197.
(13) Afoakwa, E. O. Cocoa cultivation, bean composition and chocolate flavour precursor formation. In Chocolate Science and Technology; Afoakwa, E. O., Ed.; Wiley Blackwell: Oxford, U.K., 2010; pp 12-34.
(14) Parker, J. K. Thermal generation of aroma. In Flavour Development, Analysis and Perception in Food and Beverages; Parker, J.K.; Elmore, J.S.; Methven, L. Eds.; Woodhead Publishing: Cambridge, U.K., 2015; pp 3-30.
(15) Kongor, J. E.; Hinneh, M.; de Walle, D. Van; Afoakwa, E. O.; Boeckx, P.; Dewettinck, K. Factors influencing quality variation in cocoa (Theobroma cacao) bean flavour profile - a review. Food Res. Int. 2016, 82, 44-52.
(16) Kirchhoff, P. M.; Biehl, B.; Crone, G. Peculiarity of the accumulation of free amino acids during cocoa fermentation. Food Chem. 1989, 31, 295-311.
(17) Koehler, P. E.; Odell, G. V. Factors affecting the formation of pyrazine compounds in sugar-amine reactions. J. Agric. Food Chem. 1970, 18, 895-898.
(18) Ito, K.; Mori, M. Formation of pyrazines in aqueous maltose / glucose / fructoseglutamine model systems upon heating at below 100°C. Food Sci. Technol. Res. 2004, 10, 199-204.
(19) Ledl, F.; Schleicher, E. New aspects of the Maillard reaction in foods and in the human Bbody. Angew. Chemie-International Ed. 1990, 29, 565-594.
(20) Oyekale, a. S.; Bolaji, M. B.; Olowa, O. W. The effects of climate change on cocoa production and vulnerability assessment in Nigeria. Agric. J. 2009, 4, 77-85.