The increased application of lightweight materials, such as aluminium has initiated many investigations into new joining techniques for aluminium alloys. The resistance spot welding (RSW) concept for aluminium has always attracted many researchers from different organiz... View more
1. Polmear IJ, “Light alloys”, Third edition, Edward Arnold, 1995.
2. Leitermann W and Christlein J, “The 2nd generation Audi space frame of the A2: A trendsetting all-aluminium car body concept in a compact class car”, Seoul 2000 FISITA World automotive congress, June 12-15, 2000, Seoul, Korea.
3. Komatsu Y, Ban K, Ito T, Muraok Y, Yahabo T, Yasunaga K and Shlokawa M, “Application of all aluminium automotive body for Honda NSX”, SAE 910548 (1991).
4. Leone GL and Altshuller B, “Improvement on the resistance spot weldability of aluminium body sheet”, SAE 840292, (1884).
5. Boomer DR, Hunter JA, Castle DR, “A new approach for robust high productivity resistance spot welding of aluminium”, SAE 2003-01-0575, (2003).