Constructed wetlands are an environmentally considerate means of water purification. Automating parameters such as heating and aeration may extend the lifetime of constructed wetlands and allow for superior waste-water treatment. One critical parameter to monitor in a w... View more
1. Lin, A. Y. C.; Debroux, J. F.; Cunningham, J. A.; Reinhard, M. Comparison of rhodamine WT and bromide in the determination of hydraulic characteristics of constructed wetlands. Ecological Engineering 2003, 20(1), 75-88.
2. Knowles, P. R.; Griffin, P.; Davies, P. A. Complementary methods to investigate the development of clogging within a horizontal sub-surface flow tertiary treatment wetland. Water research 2010, 44(1), 320-330.
3. Morris, R. H.; Newton, M. I.; Knowles, P. R.; Bencsik, M.; Davies, P. A.; Griffin, P.; McHale, G. Analysis of clogging in constructed wetlands using magnetic resonance. Analyst 2011, 136(11), 2283-2286.
4. Hughes-Riley, T; Newton, M.I.; Webber, J.B.; Pigaguat, J.; Ugetti, E.; Garcia, J.; Morris, R.H. Automated Reed Bed Installations. The 12th International Bologna Conference on Magnetic Resonance in Porous Media (MRPM12), Wellington, New Zealand, 9th- 13th/02/2014.
5. Hughes-Riley, T; Webber, J.B.; Newton, M.I.; Morris, R.H. Magnetic resonance relaxation measurements using open-geometry sensors to assess the clog state of constructed wetlands. Diffusion Fundamentals, under review.
6. Clegg, A. G.; Coulson, I. M.; Hilton, G.; Wong, H.Y. The temperature stability of NdFeB and NdFeBCo magnets. Magnetics, IEEE Transactions on 1991, 26(5), 1942-1944.
7. Chang, W.H.; Chen, J.H.; Hwang, L.P. Single-sided mobile NMR with a Halbach magnet. Magnetic resonance imaging 2006, 24(8), 1095-1102.
8. Perlo, J. Magnets and Coil for Single-Sided NMR. In Single-sided NMR; Casanova, F., Perlo, J., Blümich, B., Eds.; Springer: Heidelberg, Germany, 2011; pp. 102-103.
9. Meiboom, S.; Gill, D. Modified spin‐ echo method for measuring nuclear relaxation times. Review of scientific instruments 1958, 29(8), 688-691.