1. Wanyeki, Muthoni (Kenya Human Rights Commission Executive Director). Interview by Author via e-mail. October 15th, 2007.
2. UK pay-out for Kenya victims. news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/213 9366.stm July 19th, 2002.
3. Williams, Eric. Slavery and Capitalism. New York, Russell & Russell, 1961.
4. Rodney, Walter. Underdeveloped Washington, D.C. University Press, 1981.
5. Barclays admits possible link to slavery after reparation call. observer.guardian.co.uk/business/st ory/0,,2047237,00.html April 1, 2007.
6. Corporations challenged by reparations activists www.usatoday.com/money/general /2002/02/21/slave-reparations.htm February 21, 2002.
7. Further details about the carvings are available from an unpublished Leaflet issued as part of the Exhibition, “History of Kenya, 1952-1958”. (1976). The Exhibition was held at Cottage Crafts, Nairobi and organised by Sultan Somjee, Institute of African Studies, University of Nairobi. The Leaflet was entitled “A guide to the Exhibition by Kenyan artists Mule wa Musembi, Kitonyi wa Kyongo, Kitaka wa Mutua and Mutunga wa Musembi”. Photo credit: Naila Durrani from her private collection.