Summary: This report will explore the significance of the tuberculosis specialist nurse, the numerous individuals that cohesively work alongside them, and how the difficulties that are encountered in multidisciplinary teams (MDTs) can be approached. Relevance: There are... View more
1. Public Health England. The Health Protection (Noticfiation) Regulations. Statutory Instruments. 2010. http://www.legislation. gov.uk/uksi/2010/659/pdfs/uksi_20100659_en.pdf (accessed 20 November 2016).
2. What is tuberculosis? British Lung Foundation. 2016. [Accessed 27 November 2016]. Available from: https://www.blf.org.uk/ support-for-you/tuberculosis/what-is-it.
3. Tuberculosis. 1st ed. National Institute of Health and Care Excellence; 2016. [Accessed 25 November 2016]. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng33/resources/ tuberculosis-1837390683589.
4. Tuberculosis (TB). World Health Organization. 2016. [Accessed 23 November 2016]. Available from: http://www.who.int/ mediacentre/factsheets/fs104/en/.
10. Find & Treat service. University College London Hospitals. 2017. [Accessed 4 April 2017]. Available from: https://www.uclh. nhs.uk/OurServices/ServiceA-Z/HTD/Pages/MXU.aspx.
11. Medicine F, Campus S. London advanced TB. Imperial College London. 2017. [Accessed 3 April 2017]. Available from: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/study-and-training/short-courses/ london-advanced-tb.
12. Collaborative Tuberculosis Strategy for England. 1st ed. England: Public Health England and NHS England; 2014. [Accessed 19 November 2016]. Available from: https://www. gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/ ifle/403231/Collaborative_TB_Strategy_for_England_2015_2020_. pdf.
13. Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Health-Care Settings. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2005. [Accessed 19 November 2016]. Available from: http://www.cdc. gov/mmwr/pdf/rr/rr5417.pdf.
14. Principles of Nursing Practice: principles and measures consultation. 1st ed. London: Royal College of Nursing; 2011.
15. Review of the tuberculosis nurse workforce. 1st ed. Centre for Workforce Intelligence; 2015.