In this paper, a local mesh refinement (LMR) scheme on Cartesian grids for large-eddy simulations is presented. The approach improves the calculation of ghost cell pressures and velocities and combines LMR with high-order interpolation schemes at the LMR interface and t... View more
1. Lele SK. Compact Finite Difference Schemes with Spectral-like Resolution. Journal of Computational Physics. 1992; 103(1): 16-42.
2. Kampanis NA, Ekaterinaris JA. A Staggered Grid, High-Order Accurate Method for the Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations. Journal of Computational Physics. 2006; 215(2): 589-613.
3. Morinishi Y, Lund TS, Vasilyev OV, Moin P. Fully Conservative Higher Order Finite Difference Schemes for Incompressible Flow. Journal of Computational Physics. 1998; 143(1): 90-124.
4. Verma A, Mahes K. A Lagrangian subgrid-scale model with dynamic estimation of Lagrangian time scale for LES of complex flows. Physics of Fluids. 2010; 24: 085101.
5. Kopera MA, Giraldo FX. Mass conservation of the unified continuous and discontinuous element-based Galerkin methods on dynamically adaptive grids with application to atmospheric simulations. Journal of Computational Physics. 2015; 297: 90-103.
6. Panourgias K, Ekaterinaris JA. Three-Dimensional Discontinuous Galerkin h/p Adaptive Numerical Solutions for Compressible Flows. In 53rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA, January 2015; 2015-0576.
7. Thompson JF, Soni SK, Weatherill NP. Handbook of Grid Generation. CRC Press: London, 1998.
8. Peskin CS. Flow Patterns around Heart Valves - Numerical Method. Journal of Computational Physics. 1972; 10(2): 252-271.
9. Peskin CS. Numerical-Analysis of Blood-Flow in Heart. Journal of Computational Physics. 1977; 25(3): 220-252.
10. Tseng YH, Ferziger JH. A ghost-cell immersed boundary method for flow in complex geometry. Journal of Computational Physics. 2003; 192(2): 593-623.