In this work, a new global increment nano-fretting wear model based on the effective indenter concept has been used and the results were compared with experimental data. A series of DLC coatings with varied mechanical properties was deposited using industrial scale PECV... View more
1 Institute of Engineering Thermofluids, Surfaces & Interfaces, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
2 Micro Materials Ltd., Willow House, Ellice Way, Yale Business Village, Wrexham, LL13 7YL, UK 3 Saxonian Institute of Surface Mechanics, Tankow 2, 18569 Ummanz, Germany Post fretting onload depth (nm) 685 ± 31 1012 ± 62 1248 ± 42
23. Bolshakov A., Oliver W.C. and Pharr G.M., MRS Symp. Proc 356, 1995, p 675.
24. Pharr G.M., Bolshakov B., Understanding nanoindentation unloading curves, J. Mater. Res., Vol. 17, No. 10, Oct 2002.
25. Schwarzer N., Pharr G.M., On the evaluation of stresses during nanoindentation with sharp indenters, Thin Solid Films, Vol. 469-470C pp. 194-200.
26. Schwarzer N., Chudoba T., Pharr G.M., On the evaluation of stresses for coated materials during nanoindentation with sharp indenters, Surf. Coat. Technol, Vol 200/14-15 pp 4220-4226.
27. Schwarzer N., The extended Hertzian theory and its uses in analysing indentation experiments, Phil. Mag. 86 (33-35), 21 Nov - 11 Dec 2006, 5153 5767, Special Issue:
28. Schwarzer N., Duong Q.-H., Bierwisch N., Favaro G., Fuchs M., Kempe P., Widrig B., Ramm J., Optimization of the Scratch Test for Specific Coating Designs, Surface and Coatings Technology, volume 206, issue 6, year 2011, pp. 1327 1335.
29. Seibert F., Döbeli M., Fopp-Spori D.M., Glaentz K., Rudigier H., Schwarzer N., Widrig B., Ramm J., Comparison of arc evaporated Mo-based coatings versus Cr1N1 and ta-C coatings by reciprocating wear test, Wear (February 2013), 298-299, Complete, pg. 14-22.
30. Holmberg K., Matthews A., Coatings Tribology. 2nd edition, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2009.