Outcome of paediatric cataract surgery in Northwest Ethiopia: a retrospective case series.
Asferaw, M; Mekonen, SY; Woodruff, G; Gilbert, CE; Tesfaye, S;
Publisher: BMJ Publishing Group
mesheuropmc: eye diseases | genetic structures | sense organs
To assess visual acuity outcomes, and factors associated with the outcome, of paediatric cataract surgery at the Child Eye Health Tertiary Facility, Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia. The medical records of children aged below 16 years who underwent cataract surgery between Se... View more
Courtright P. Childhood cataract in sub-Saharan Africa. Saudi J Ophthalmol. 2012;26: 3-6.
14. Gogate P, ParbhooD, Ramson P, et al. Surgery for sight: outcomes of congenital and developmental cataracts operated in Durban, South Africa. Eye. 2016; 30(3): 406-12.
15. Tomkins O, Itay BZ, Moore DB, Helveston EE. Outcomes of Pediatric Cataract Surgery at a Tertiary Care Center in Rural Southern Ethiopia. Arch Ophthalmol. 2011;129 (10):1293-7.
Page 15 of 17
16. Wilson ME, Pandey SK, Thakur J. Paediatric cataract blindness in the developing world: surgical techniques and intraocular lenses in the new millennium. Br J Ophthalmol. 2003;87(1):14-9.
17. Khanna R, Foster A, Krishnaiah S, et al. Visual outcomes of bilateral congenital and developmental cataracts in young children in south India and causes of poor outcome. Indian J OpChthalmol. 2013;61:65-70.
25. Gogate PM, Sahasrabudhe M, Shah M, et al. Long term outcomes of bilateral congenital and developmental cataracts operated in Maharashtra, India. Miraj pediatric Ocataract study III. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014 ;62(2):186-95.
27. Wilson ME Jr, Trivedi RH, Pandey SK. Traumatic cataracts in children. In: WilsonME Jr, Trivedi RH, Pandey SK, eds. Pediatric Cataract Surgery. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2005.
28. Eriksen JR, Bronsard A, Mosha M, Carmichael D. Predictors of Poor Follow-up in Children that had Cataract Surgery. Ophthalmic Epidemiology. 2006;13:237-243.
29. Kishiki E, Shirima S, Lewallen S, Courtright P. Improving postoperative follow-up of children receiving surgery for congenital or developmental cataracts in Africa. J AAPOS 2009;13:280 -2.