Reconstitution of T cell immunity is absolutely critical for the effective control of virus-associated infectious complications in hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) recipients. Coinfection with genetic variants of human cytomegalovirus (CMV) in transplant recipi... View more
1. Boeckh M, Nichols WG, Papanicolaou G, Rubin R, Wingard JR, Zaia J. 2003. Cytomegalovirus in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients: Current status, known challenges, and future strategies. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:543-558.
2. Crough T, Khanna R. 2009. Immunobiology of human cytomegalovirus: from bench to bedside. Clin Microbiol Rev 22:76-98, Table of Contents.
3. Boeckh M, Nichols WG. 2004. The impact of cytomegalovirus serostatus of donor and recipient before hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the era of antiviral prophylaxis and preemptive therapy. Blood 103:2003-2008.
4. Ramanathan M, Teira P, Battiwalla M, Barrett J, Ahn KW, Chen M, Green J, Laughlin M, Lazarus HM, Marks D, Saad A, Seftel M, Saber W, Savani B, Waller E, Wingard J, Auletta JJ, Lindemans CA, Boeckh M, Riches ML. 2016. Impact of early CMV reactivation in cord blood stem cell recipients in the current era. Bone Marrow Transplant.
5. Teira P, Battiwalla M, Ramanathan M, Barrett AJ, Ahn KW, Chen M, Green JS, Saad A, Antin JH, Savani BN, Lazarus HM, Seftel M, Saber W, Marks D, Aljurf M, Norkin M, Wingard JR, Lindemans CA, Boeckh M, Riches ML, Auletta JJ. 2016. Early cytomegalovirus reactivation remains associated with increased transplant related mortality in the current era: a CIBMTR analysis. Blood.
6. Pollack M, Heugel J, Xie H, Leisenring W, Storek J, Young JA, Kukreja M, Gress R, Tomblyn M, Boeckh M. 2011. An international comparison of current strategies to prevent herpesvirus and fungal infections in hematopoietic cell transplant recipients. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:664-673.