The role of microRNAs and ischaemic preconditioning in kidney ischaemia reperfusion injury
mesheuropmc: urogenital system | cardiovascular diseases
Successful kidney transplantation transforms outcome for patients with end stage kidney disease. Delayed graft function (DGF) following Ischaemia Reperfusion Injury (IRI) is a major problem, is hard to predict or monitor, and preventative or therapeutic strategies are l... View more
1. Association TR. UK Renal Registry: The Seventeenth Annual Report.
2. Taal MW, Brenner BM. Predicting initiation and progression of chronic kidney disease: Developing renal risk scores. Kidney international. 2006: 70(10): 1694.
3. Khalid U, Bowen T, Fraser DJ, Jenkins RH. Acute kidney injury: a paradigm for miRNA regulation of the cell cycle. Biochemical Society transactions. 2014: 42(4): 1219.
4. Foley RN, Parfrey PS. Cardiovascular disease and mortality in ESRD. Journal of nephrology. 1998: 11(5): 239.
5. Wolfe RA, Ashby VB, Milford EL, Ojo AO, Ettenger RE, Agodoa LY, et al. Comparison of mortality in all patients on dialysis, patients on dialysis awaiting transplantation, and recipients of a first cadaveric transplant. The New England journal of medicine. 1999: 341(23): 1725.
6. Laupacis A, Keown P, Pus N, Krueger H, Ferguson B, Wong C, et al. A study of the quality of life and cost-utility of renal transplantation. Kidney international. 1996: 50(1): 235.
7. NHSBT. Annual Report on Kidney Transplantation 2014/2015. http://www.odt.nhs.uk/pdf/organ_specific_report_kidney_2015.pdf (accessed March 1, 2016).
8. Criteria for the diagnosis of brain stem death. Review by a working group convened by the Royal College of Physicians and endorsed by the Conference of Medical Royal Colleges and their Faculties in the United Kingdom. Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of London. 1995: 29(5): 381.