Peroxisomes are dynamic and metabolically plastic organelles. Their multiplicity of functions impacts on many aspects of plant development and survival. New functions for plant peroxisomes such as in the synthesis of biotin, ubiquinone and phylloquinone are being uncove... View more
1. Hu J, Baker A, Bartel B, Linka N, Mullen RT, Reumann S, Zolman BK: Plant peroxisomes: biogenesis and function. Plant Cell 2012, 24:2279-2303.
2. Linka N, Theodoulou FL: Metabolite transporters of the plant peroxisomal membrane: known and unknown. Subcell Biochem 2013, 69:169-194.
3. De Marcos Lousa C, van Roermund CW, Postis VL, Dietrich D, Kerr ID, Wanders RJ, Baldwin SA, Baker A, Theodoulou FL: Intrinsic acyl-CoA thioesterase activity of a peroxisomal ATP binding cassette transporter is required for transport and metabolism of fatty acids. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2013, 110:1279-1284.
4. Park S, Gidda SK, James CN, Horn PJ, Khuu N, Seay DC, Keereetaweep J, Chapman KD, Mullen RT, Dyer JM: The alpha/beta hydrolase CGI-58 and peroxisomal transport protein PXA1 coregulate lipid homeostasis and signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 2013, 25:1726-1739.
5. Bussell JD, Reichelt M, Wiszniewski AA, Gershenzon J, Smith SM: Peroxisomal ATP-binding cassette transporter COMATOSE and the multifunctional protein abnormal INFLORESCENCE MERISTEM are required for the production of benzoylated metabolites in arabidopsis seeds. Plant Physiol 2014, 164:48-54.
6. Block A, Widhalm JR, Fatihi A, Cahoon RE, Wamboldt Y, Elowsky C, Mackenzie SA, Cahoon EB, Chapple C, Dudareva N, et al.: The Origin and Biosynthesis of the Benzenoid Moiety of Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q) in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 2014.
7. Brown LA, Larson TR, Graham IA, Hawes C, Paudyal R, Warriner SL, Baker A: An inhibitor of oil body mobilization in Arabidopsis. New Phytol 2013, 200:641- 649.