Strategy has become an increasingly important theme within the management of innovation. This is reflected in the increasing amount of attention given to topics such as technology strategy within the innovation literature. However research into technology strategy has t... View more
1. R. M. Grant, 'The resource-based theory of competitive advantage: implications for strategy formulation', California Management Review, 33 (3), 1991, pp. 114-135.
P3. M. Dodgson, The Management of Technological Innovation: An 2. M. Dodgson, 'Technology Learning, Technology Strategy and Competitive Pressures', British Journal of Management, 2 (3), 1991, pp. 133-149. International and Strategic Approach, (Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2000).
9. D.J. Bower, 'New Technology Supply Networks in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry', International Business Review, 2 (1), 1993, pp. 83-95.
15. R. Rothwell and P. Gardiner, 'The Strategic Management of Innovation', R & D Management, 19 (2), 1989, pp. 147-160.
18. K. Hayward, International Collaboration in Civil Aerospace, London, Pinter, 1986).
21. J. Golley, The Genesis of the Jet: Frank Whittle and the Invention of the Jet Engine, Shrewsbury, Airlife Publishing, 1996), p. 205.
31. R. Doganis, R. (2002) Flying Off Course: The Economics of International Airlines, 3rd edition, London, Routledge, 2002).
32. One notable exception was the purchase, by Britain's BOAC in the early 1960s, of Boeing 707 airliners powered by Rolls-Royce Conway engines.
33. A. Reed, Britain's Aircraft Industry: What went right? What went wrong? (London, J.M. Dent and Sons Ltd, 1973), p. 122.
34. K. Hayward, The British Aircraft Industry, (Manchester, Manchester University Press, 1989).