1. Abraham J. The pharmaceutical industry, the state, and the NHS. In: Gabe JCM, ed. The New Sociology of the Health Service. London: Routledge; 2009:99-120.
2. Harrison S, McDonald R. The Politics of Healthcare in Britain. SAGE Publications; 2008.https://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&lr=&id=j7VAslHmtLQC&oi=fnd&pg=PP2&dq=the+politics+of+healthcare+in+britain&ots=lpK3QWGxvZ&sig=PnJxnjdiYo5F4B5nxneBAtlfmrM#v=onepage&q=thepolitics of healthcare in britain&f=false. Accessed May 22, 2017.
3. Crinson I. The politics of regulation within the “Modernized” NHS: the case of beta interferon and the “cost-effective” treatment of multiple sclerosis. Crit Soc Policy. 2004;24:30-49.
4. Timmins N, Rawlins M, Appleby J. A terrible beauty. http://www.idsihealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/A-TERRIBLE-BEAUTY_ resize.pdf. Accessed May 22, 2017. [OpenAIRE]
5. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Guide to the methods of technology appraisal 2013 Process, 2013. https://www.nice.org. uk/process/pmg9/resources/guide-to-the-methods-of-technologyappraisal-2013-pdf-2007975843781. Accessed May 22, 2017.
6. Charles C, DeMaio S. Lay participation in health care decision making: a conceptual framework. J Health Polit Policy Law. 1993;18:881-904.
7. Jones IR, Berney L, Kelly M, et al. Is patient involvement possible when decisions involve scarce resources? A qualitative study of decision-making in primary care. Soc Sci Med. 2004;59:93-102.
8. Légaré F, Boivin A, van der Weijden T, Packenham C, Tapp S, Burgers J. A knowledge synthesis of patient and public involvement in clinical practice guidelines: study protocol. Implement Sci. 2009;4:30.
9. Boivin A, Lehoux P, Burgers J, Grol R. What are the key ingredients for effective public involvement in health care improvement and policy decisions? A randomized trial process evaluation. Milbank Q. 2014;92:319-350. [OpenAIRE]
10. Boivin A, Lehoux P, Lacombe R, Burgers J, Grol R. Involving patients in setting priorities for healthcare improvement: a cluster randomized trial. Implement Sci. 2014;9:24. [OpenAIRE]
11. Mockford C, Staniszewska S, Griffiths F, Herron-Marx S. The impact of patient and public involvement on UK NHS health care: a systematic review. Int J Qual Health Care. 2012;24:28-38.
12. Petsoulas C, Peckham S, Smiddy J, Wilson P. Primary care-led commissioning and public involvement in the English National Health Service. Lessons from the past. Prim Health Care Res Dev. 2015;16: 289-303. [OpenAIRE]
13. Staniszewska S. Patient and public involvement in health services and health research: a brief overview of evidence, policy and activity. J Res Nurs. 2009;14:295-298. [OpenAIRE]
14. Milewa T. Representation and legitimacy in health policy formulation at a national level: perspectives from a study of health technology eligibility procedures in the United Kingdom. Health Policy (New York). 2008;85:356-362.
15. Milewa T. Health technology adoption and the politics of governance in the UK. Soc Sci Med 2006;63:3102-3112. [OpenAIRE]