Dietary patterns in UK adolescents obtained from a dual-source FFQ and their associations with socio-economic position, nutrient intake and modes of eating
Northstone, K.; Smith, A. D. A. C.; Cribb, V. L.; Emmett, P. M.;
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Objective: To derive dietary patterns using principal components analysis from separate FFQ completed by mothers and their teenagers and to assess associations with nutrient intakes and sociodemographic variables.\ud \ud Design: Two distinct FFQ were completed by 13-yea... View more
2. World Health Organization/Food and Agriculture Organization (2003). Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases - report of a Joint WHO/FAO Expert Consultation. World Health Organization, Geneva.
3. World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research (2007). Food, nutrition, physical activity, and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective. AICR, Washington DC.
4. Kourlaba G, Panagiotakos DB, Mihas K et al. (2008). Dietary patterns in relation to socio-economic and lifestyle characteristics among Greek Adolescents: a multivariate analysis. Pub Health Nutr 12, 1366-1372.
5. Aranceta J, Perez-Rodrigo C, Ribas L et al. (2003). Socio-demographic and lifestyle determinants of food patterns in Spanish children and adolescents: the enKid study. Eur J Clin Nutr 57 (suppl 1), S40-S44.
6. Ambrosini GL, O'Sullivan TA, de Klerk NH et al. (2011). Relative validity of adolescent dietary patterns: a comparison of a FFQ and 3 d food record. Br J Nutr 105, 625-633.
7. McNaughton SA, Ball K, Mishra GD et al. (2008). Dietary patterns of adolescents and risk of obesity and hypertension. J Nutr 138, 364-370.
8. Cutler GJ, Flood A, Hannan P et al. (2011). Multiple socio-demographic and socioenvironmental characteristics are correlated with major patterns of dietary intake in adolescents. J Am Diet Assoc 111, 230-240.
9. Livingstone MBE, Robson PJ, Wallace JMW (2004). Issues in dietary intake assessment of children and adolescents. Br J Nutr 92 (Suppl 2), S213-S222.
10. Collins CE, Watson J, Burrows T (2010). Measuring dietary intake in children and adolescents in the context of overweight and obesity. Int J Obesity 34, 1103-1105.