1. Sacks, T., C. F. Moldow, P. R. Craddock, T. K. Bowers, and H. S. Jacob. 1978. Oxygen radicals mediate endothelial cell damage by complement-stimulated granulocytes.J. Clm. Invest. 61 :1161. [OpenAIRE]
2. Weiss, S. J., J. Young, A. F. LoBuglio, A. Slivka, and N. F. Nimeh. 1981. Role of hydrogen peroxide in neutrophil-mediated destruction of cultured endothelial cells. J. Clio. Invest. 68:714. [OpenAIRE]
3. Wedmore, C. V., and T. J. Williams. 1981. Control of vascular permeability by po]ymorphonuclear leucocytes in inflammation. Nature CLond.). 289:646.
4. Rosen, H., and S. J. Klebanoff. 1979. Bactericidal activity of a superoxide aniongenerating system. A model for the polymorphonuclear leucocyte. J. Exp. Med. 149:27. [OpenAIRE]
5. Waud, W. R., F. O. Brady, R. D. Wiley, and K. V. Rajagopalan. 1975. A new purification procedure for bovine milk xanthine oxidase: effect of proteolysis on the subunit structure. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 169:695. [OpenAIRE]
6. Pearson, J. D., J. S. Carleton, A. Hutchings, and J. L. Gordon. 1978. Uptake and metabolism of adenosine by pig aortic endothelial and smooth muscle ceils in culture. Biochem. J. 170:265. [OpenAIRE]
7. de Bono, D. P., D. E. MacIntyre, J. G. White, andJ. L. Gordon. 1977. Endothelial adenine uptake as an assay for cell- or complement-mediated cytotoxicity. Immunology. 32:321. [OpenAIRE]
8. Martin, W., and J. L. Gordon. 1983. Differential calcium dependence of contractile responses and 8~Rb efflux from the rabbit aorta induced by vasoactive stimuli. J. Cell. Physiol. 115:46.
9. Pearson, J. D., J. S. Carleton, and A. Hutchings. 1983. Prostacyclin release stimulated by thrombin or bradykinin in porcine endothelial cells cultured from aorta and umbilical vein. Thromb. Res. 29:115. [OpenAIRE]
10. Gordon, J. L., and W. Martin. 1983. Endothelium-dependent relaxation of the pig aorta: relationship to stimulation of 86Rb efflux from isolated endothelial cells. Br. J. Pharmacol. 79:531.
11. Pearson, J. D., J. s. Carleton, and J. L. Gordon. 1980. Metabolism of adenine nucleotides by ectoenzymes of vascular endothelial and smooth muscle cells in culture. Biochem. J. 190:421. [OpenAIRE]
12. Wroblewski, F., and J. S. La Due. 1955. Lactate dehydrogenase activity in blood. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 90:210. [OpenAIRE]
13. Ager, A., J. L. Gordon, S. Moncada, J. D. Pearson, J. A. Salmon, and M. A. Trevethick. 1982. Effects of isolation and culture on prostaglandin synthesis by porcine aortic endothelial and smooth muscle cells. J. Cell. Physiol. 110:9.
14. Weening, R. S., R. Wever, and D. Roos. 1975. Quantitative aspects of the production of superoxide radicals by phagocytosing human granulocytes. J. Lab. Clin. Med. 85:245.
15. Weksler, B. B., C. W. Ley, and E. A. Jaffe. 1978. Stimulation of endothelial cell prostacyclin production by thrombin, trypsin, and the ionophore A23187. J. Clin. htvest. 62:923. [OpenAIRE]