OBJECTIVE:\ud To compare the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), including dietary supplements, by individuals with and without features of metabolic syndrome (FeMS).\ud METHODS:\ud Using a cross sectional study design, information was obtained by self-... View more
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 1. Ritchie MR. Use of herbal supplements and nutritional supplements in the UK: what do we know about their pattern of usage? Proc Nutr Soc 66: 479-482, 2007.
2. Ernst E, White A. The BBC survey of complementary medicine use in the UK. Complementary therapies in Medicine 8: 32-36, 2000.
3. Lorenc A, Clarke YL, Robinson N, Blair M. How patients chose to use CAM- a systematic review of theoretical models. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 9(9): 2009.
4. Hanssen B, Grimsgaard S, Launso L, Fonnebo V, Falkenberg T, Rasmussen NK. Use of complementary and alternative medicine in the Scandinavian countries. Scand J Prim Health Care 23(1): 57-62, 2005.
5. Eisenberg DM, Davis RB, Ettner SL, Appel S, Wilkey S, Rompay M, Kessler RC. Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States, 1990-1997. Results of a follow-up national survey. Journal of the American Medical Association 280: 1569-1575, 1998.
6. Thomas KJ, Nicholl JP, Coleman P. Use and expenditure on complementary medicine in England: a population based survey. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 9: 2-11, 2001.
7. Volek JS, Felmann RD: Carbohydrate restriction improves the features of metabolic syndrome, metabolic syndrome may be defined by the response to carbohydrate restriction. Nutrition and Metabolism 2: 3-8, 2005.
8. Block G, Jensen CD, Norkus EP, Dalvi TB, Wong LG, McManus JF, Hudes ML. Usage patterns, health, and nutritional status of long-term multiple dietary supplement users: a cross-sectional study. Nutrition Journal 6 (30): 2007.
9. Hori S, Iordan M, Joana CV, Malcolm M. Patterns of complementary and alternative medicine use amongst outpatients in Tokyo, Japan. Complementary and Alternative Medicine 8: 1-9, 2008.
10. Fleming S, Rabago DP, Mundt MP, Fleming MF. CAM therapies among primary care patients using opioid therapy for chronic pain. BMC Complement Altern Med 7(15): 2007.