Rationale: \ud Multimodal imaging, including computed tomography angiography and computed tomography perfusion imaging, yields additional information on intracranial vessels and brain perfusion and can differentiate between ischemic core and penumbra which may affect pa... View more
1. Turner M, Barber M, Dodds H, Dennis M, Langhorne P, Macleod M-J. Stroke patients admitted within normal working hours are more likely to achieve process standards and to have better outcomes. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry. 2015.
2. Katzan IL, Hammer MD, Hixson ED, Furlan AJ, Abou-Chebl A, Nadzam DM. Utilization of intravenous tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke. Archives of neurology. 2004;61(3):346-50.
3. Hakim AM. The future of stroke thrombolysis. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2012;1268:8-13.
4. Cocho D, Belvis R, Marti-Fabregas J, Molina-Porcel L, Diaz-Manera J, Aleu A, et al. Reasons for exclusion from thrombolytic therapy following acute ischemic stroke. Neurology. 2005;64(4):719-20.
5. Asaithambi G, Tong X, George MG, Tsai AW, Peacock JM, Luepker RV, et al. Acute stroke reperfusion therapy trends in the expanded treatment window era. Journal of stroke and cerebrovascular diseases : the official journal of National Stroke Association. 2014;23(9):2316-21.
6. Tong D. Are all IV thrombolysis exclusion criteria necessary? Being SMART about evidencebased medicine. Neurology. 2011;76(21):1780-1.
7. Kvistad CE, Logallo N, Thomassen L, Waje-Andreassen U, Brogger J, Naess H. Safety of offlabel stroke treatment with tissue plasminogen activator. Acta neurologica Scandinavica. 2013;128(1):48- 53.
8. Breuer L, Blinzler C, Huttner HB, Kiphuth IC, Schwab S, Kohrmann M. Off-label thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke: rate, clinical outcome and safety are influenced by the definition of 'minor stroke'. Cerebrovascular diseases (Basel, Switzerland). 2011;32(2):177-85.
9. Chalela JA, Kidwell CS, Nentwich LM, Luby M, Butman JA, Demchuk AM, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography in emergency assessment of patients with suspected acute stroke: a prospective comparison. The Lancet. 2007;369(9558):293-8.
10. Kane I, Whiteley WN, Sandercock PA, Wardlaw JM. Availability of CT and MR for assessing patients with acute stroke. Cerebrovascular diseases (Basel, Switzerland). 2008;25(4):375-7.