This article compares the behaviour of sampling techniques for price indices using a scanner data set as a model population. Indices produced by two purposive deterministic cut-off designs and four probabilistic sampling schemes are compared with each other and with the... View more
4. Efron, Bradley, and R.J. Tibshirani (1994) 'An Introduction to the Bootstrap' Chapman & Hall/CRC
5. Fenwick, D. , Ball, A., Morgan, P. and Silver, M. (2003) 'Price Collection and Quality Assurance of Item Sampling in the Retail Prices index: How Can Scanner Data Help?', 'Scanner Data and Price Indexes' Studies in Income and Wealth, ed, Feenstra, R.C. and Shapiro, M.D., vol 64, pp 67-87, NBER University of Chicago Press
6. Fenwick, D. Melser, D. and Moran, P. (2006) 'Consumer Price Indices: real world quality measures', 9th Meeting International Working Group On Price Indices , The Ottawa Group
7. ILO(2004) 'Consumer Price Index Manual :Theory and Practice'
8. IMF(2004) 'Sampling Issues in Price Collectio n', Producer Price Index Manual: Theory and Index Chapter 5