mesheuropmc: stomatognathic diseases | stomatognathic system
•Describes the development and implementation of a dental care pathway for looked after children.\ud •Presents some of the challenges that providing dental care for looked after children can present.\ud •Acquires support for the view that the dental health of a proporti... View more
1. Mooney A, Statham J, Monck E, Chambers H. Promoting the health of Looked After Children: A study to inform revision of the 2002 guidance. Department for Children, Schools and Families. Research Report DCSFRR125. 2009
2. Hochstadt N, Jaudes P, Zimo D, Schachter J. The medical and social needs of children entering foster care. Child Abuse and Neglect, 1987; 11: 53-62.
3. Kerker B, Dore M. Mental health needs and treatment of foster youth: Barriers and opportunities. Am J Orthopsychiatry. 2006; 76: 138-147
4. Ward H, Lynch M, Skuse T, Jones H. Issues concerning the health of looked after children. Adoption & Fostering Journal. 2002; 26(4): 8-18.
5. Dept of Schools, Families and Children. Statutory guidance on promoting the health and wellbeing of looked after children. 2009. http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/s/promotinghealth.pdf (accessed 31.07.2011)
6. Waddell B. The dental health of looked after and accommodated children and young people in Scotland - a literature review. University of Glasgow. 2007. http://hdl.handle.net/1905/735 (accessed 15.04.2013)
7. Poynor M, Welbury J. The dental health of looked after children. Adoption & Fostering, 2004; 28: 86-88
8. Scott J, Hill M. The health and Looked After and accommodated children and young people in Scotland. Messages from research. 2006. www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2006/06/07103730/0
13. Melzer H, Corbin T, Gatward R, Goodman R, Ford T. The mental health of young people looked after by local authorities in England. London: The Stationery Office. 2003.
14. NICE QS31. Quality standard for the health and wellbeing of looked after children and young people, 2013. http://publications.nice.org.uk/qualitystandard-for-the-health-and-wellbeing-of-looked-after-children-and-youngpeople-qs31/introduction-and-overview (Accessed on 12.09.2013).