Recursive partitioning based approaches for low back pain subgroup identification in individual patient data meta-analyses
This thesis presents two novel approaches for performing subgroup analyses or identifying subgroups in an individual patient data (IPD) meta-analyses setting. The work contained in this thesis originated from an important research priority in the area of low back pain (... View more
97. Thomas KJ, MacPherson H, Thorpe L, Brazier J, Fitter M, Campbell MJ, et al. Randomised controlled trial of a short course of traditional acupuncture compared with usual care for persistent non-specific low back pain. BMJ. 2006;333(7569):623.
98. Ferreira ML, Ferreira PH, Latimer J, Herbert RD, Maher C, Refshauge K. Relationship between spinal stiffness and outcome in patients with chronic low back pain. Manual Therapy. 2009;14(1):61-7.
99. Sherman KJ, Cherkin DC, Ichikawa L, Avins AL, Barlow WE, Khalsa PS, et al. Characteristics of patients with chronic back pain who benefit from acupuncture. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2009;10:114.
100. van der Hulst M, Vollenbroek-Hutten MMR, Groothuis-Oudshoorn KGM, Hermens HJ. Multidisciplinary rehabilitation treatment of patients with chronic low back pain: a prognostic model for its outcome. Clin J Pain. 2008;24(5):421-30.
101. Cecchi F, Negrini S, Pasquini G, Paperini A, Conti AA, Chiti M, et al. Predictors of functional outcome in patients with chronic low back pain undergoing back school, individual physiotherapy or spinal manipulation. Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2012;48(3):371-8.
102. Cherkin DC, Eisenberg D, Sherman KJ, Barlow W, Kaptchuk TJ, Street J, et al. Randomized trial comparing traditional Chinese medical acupuncture, therapeutic massage, and self-care education for chronic low back pain. Arch Intern Med. 2001;161(8):1081-8.
103. Cherkin DC, Sherman KJ, Avins AL, Erro JH, Ichikawa L, Barlow WE, et al. A randomized trial comparing acupuncture, simulated acupuncture, and usual care for chronic low back pain. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169(9):858-66.
104. Kalauokalani D, Cherkin DC, Sherman KJ, Koepsell TD, Deyo RA. Lessons from a trial of acupuncture and massage for low back pain: patient expectations and treatment effects. Spine. 2001;26(13):1418-24.
105. Karjalainen K, Malmivaara A, Mutanen P, Roine R, Hurri H, Pohjolainen T. Miniintervention for subacute low back pain: two-year follow-up and modifiers of effectiveness. Spine. 2004;29(10):1069-76.
106. Kole-Snijders AM, Vlaeyen JW, Goossens ME, Rutten-van Molken MP, Heuts PH, van Breukelen G, et al. Chronic low-back pain: what does cognitive coping skills 121. Li J, Chan IS. Detecting qualitative interactions in clinical trials: an extension of range test. Journal of biopharmaceutical statistics. 2006;16(6):831-41.