Objective: The aim of this study was to assess the associations of gingival bleeding with individual and community social variables among schoolchildren. \ud Methods: This cross-sectional study evaluated a representative, multistage, random sample of 1134 12-year-old sc... View more
1. Jurgensen N, Petersen PE. Oral health and the impact of socio-behavioural factors in a cross sectional survey of 12-year old school children in Laos. BMC oral health. 2009;9:29.
2. Chiapinotto FA, Vargas-Ferreira F, Demarco FF, Correa FO, Masotti AS. Risk factors for gingivitis in a group of Brazilian schoolchildren. Journal of public health dentistry. 2013 Winter;73(1):9-17.
3. SB Brazil 2010: National Research on Oral Health: main results. Brasília: Ministry of Health; 2012.
4. Ramberg P, Axelsson P, Lindhe J. Plaque formation at healthy and inflamed gingival sites in young individuals. Journal of clinical periodontology. 1995 Jan;22(1):85-8.
5. Tomazoni F, Zanatta FB, Tuchtenhagen S, da Rosa GN, Del Fabro JP, Ardenghi TM. Association of gingivitis with child oral health-related quality of life. J Periodontol. 2014 Nov;85(11):1557-65.
6. Lopez R, Baelum V. Oral health impact of periodontal diseases in adolescents. J Dent Res. 2007 Nov;86(11):1105-9.
7. Lopez R, Fernandez O, Baelum V. Social gradients in periodontal diseases among adolescents. Community dentistry and oral epidemiology. 2006 Jun;34(3):184- 96.
8. Jin LJ, Armitage GC, Klinge B, Lang NP, Tonetti M, Williams RC. Global oral health inequalities: task group--periodontal disease. Adv Dent Res. 2011 May;23(2):221-6.
9. Nicolau B, Marcenes W, Hardy R, Sheiham A. A life-course approach to assess the relationship between social and psychological circumstances and gingival status in adolescents. Journal of clinical periodontology. 2003 Dec;30(12):1038-45.
10. Cortellazzi KL, Pereira SM, Tagliaferro EP, Ambrosano GM, Zanin L, Meneghim Mde C, et al. Risk indicators of gingivitis in 5-year-old Brazilian children. Oral Health Prev Dent. 2008;6(2):131-7.