Introduction\ud \ud Modern medical and dental training has migrated from assessing only the quantity of procedures performed to a combined assessment of both competency and quantity. This study explores student perceptions of competency assessment in exodontia at a UK d... View more
14. Honey J, Lynch CG, Burke FM, Gilmour ASM. Ready for practice? A study of confidence levels of final year dental students at Cardiff University and University College Cork. Eur J Dent Educ 2011: 15: 98-103.
15. Chambers DW. Competencies: A new view of becoming a dentist. J Dent Educ 1994: 58: 342-345.
16. Tennant M, Scriva J. Clinical assessment in dental education: A new method. Aust Dent J 2000: 45: 125-130.
17. Prescott LE, Norcini JJ, McKinlay P, Rennie JS. Facing the challenges of competency-based assessment of postgraduate dental training: Longitudinal Evaluation of Performance (LEP). Med Educ 2002: 36: 92-97.
18. Stelzle F, Farhoumand D, Neukam F, et al. Implementation and validation of an extraction course using mannequin models for undergraduate dental students. Acta Odontol Scand 2011: 69: 80-87.
19. Zijlstra-Shaw S, Robinson PG, Roberts T, et al. Assessing professionalism within dental education; the need for a definition. Eur J Dent Educ 2012: 16: 128-136.