Computer networks have increasingly been the focus of cyber attack, such as botnets, which have a variety of serious cybersecurity implications.\ud As a consequence, understanding their behaviour is an important step towards the mitigation of such threat. In this paper,... View more
1. W. Wang and T. E. Daniels. A Graph Based Approach Toward Network Forensics Analysis, ACM Trans. Inf. Syst. Secur., vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1-33, 2008.
2. N. Liao, S. Tian, and T. Wang, Network Forensics Based on Fuzzy Logic and Expert System, Computer Communications, vol. 32, no. 17, pp. 1881-1892, 2009.
3. Francois J, Wang S, Bronzi W, State R, Engel T. BotCloud: Detecting Botnets Using MapReduce. IEEE. International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security - WIFS, Nov 2011, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil.
4. Abaid Z, Sarkar D, Ali Kaafar M, and Jha S. The Early Bird Gets the Botnet: A Markov Chain Based Early Warning System for Botnet Attacks. 41st Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), 2016 IEEE
5. Nagaraja S, Mittal P, Hong C, Caesar M, and Borisov, N. BotGrep: Finding P2P Bots with Structured Graph Analysis, Proceedings of the 19th USENIX Conference on Security, 2010
6. Stover S, Dittrich D, Hernandez J, and Dietrich S. Analysis of the Storm and Nugache trojans: P2P is here. ;login, 32(6), Dec. 2007.
7. Loguinov D, Kumar A, Rai V, and Ganesh S. Graph-theoretic analysis of structured peer-to-peer systems: Routing distances and fault resilience. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, Aug. 2003.
8. Ye N et al. A Markov chain model of temporal behaviour for anomaly detection. In Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Information Assurance and Security Workshop, volume 166, page 169. West Point, NY, 2000.
9. E. Kidmose. Botnet detection using Hidden Markov Models. Master?s thesis, Aalborg University, Denmark, 2014.
10. https://www.wireshark.org, [accessed on 10/02/2017]