A novel (to our knowledge) approach for resolution improvement in digital holography is presented in this paper. The proposed method is based on recording the incoming interference field on a complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) camera with subpixel resolution... View more
1. T. Kreis, Handbook of Holographic Interferometry: Optical and Digital Methods (Wiley-VCH, 2005).
2. Interference of object wave with a plane reference wave.
3. Interference of object wave with a spherical reference wave that originates from the object plane.
4. F. Le Clerc and M. Gross, “Synthetic-aperture experiment in the visible with on-axis digital heterodyne holography,” Opt. Lett. 26, 1550-1552 (2001).
5. J. H. Massig, “Digital off-axis holography with a synthetic aperture,” Opt. Lett. 27, 2179-2181 (2002).
6. T. Kreis and K. Schlüter, “Resolution enhancement by aperture synthesis in digital holography,” Opt. Eng. 46, 055803 (2007).
7. D. Claus, “High-resolution digital holographic synthetic aperture applied to deformation measurement and extended depth of field method,” Appl. Opt. 49, 3187-3198 (2010).
8. L. Granero, V. Micó, Z. Zalevsky, and J. Garcia, “Synthetic aperture super-resolved microscopy in digital lensless Fourier holography by time and angular multiplexing of the object information,” Appl. Opt. 49, 845-857 (2010).
9. J. Kornis and B. Gombköto, “Application of super image methods in digital holography,” Proc. SPIE 5856, 245-253 (2005).
10. Obtained by rotation of two quarter-wave plates in the reference arm.